DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno:Alright anybody else getting sick of hearing about these damn tranny's shitting the bed!!
{01' 1500 4x4 318 cid} my problem is that the other day when getting on it harder than i normally do, my auto tranny 'missed a shift'... now i've had auto's shift sloppy but this thing ACTUALLY MISSED! i had the throttle 80% to the floor, it shifted fine from 1st to 2nd, but then from 2nd to 3rd the tranny slipped and the rpm's spiked to 4500! when i took my foot out of it, it grabbed 3rd fine. i stopped checked my fluid {which was fine} and then tried it again and it did the same damn thing... now i normally drive like an old man so i've never had this problem. anybody have any ideas of what is wrong before i make a visit to the dealer.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
the clutches may be burnt up, but dont feel too bad my tranny completely went out after 20,000 miles

·
Registered
764 Posts
I Hear you my 01 4x4 is on its 4th tranny!!

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
how did you check the fluid? in park or neutral? mine did the same a few times last fall, but it was after going around corners, it was a little low on fluid, the fluid would slosh and suck up air, and hit neutral. be sure you check the fluid after its warmed up, in neutral, on flat ground. if it is fine, drop the pan and look for metal shavings/chunks. put in some fresh atf+4 and go from there

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
my truck just did this getting on the highway harder than normal this morning...I has posted before about my OD slipping out over bumps and now this, great.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
My Ram Van does this occasionally...but I find that it does it when the OD is ON. My van has 118K on the original trans.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
My trans did the same thing, but my problem was it wouldn't shift out of 1st. Adjusted the bands and tv cable, that fixed it for now.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
Im gonna look into having bands adjusted, hopefully nothing is getting toasted in there. I don't floor it often so it was a suprise when I finally did and this ended up happening

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.