DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, lifetime warranty, and my wife has an 08 PT Cruiser. Has anyone been denied any coverage due to the 25k mile Amsoil? I swear by it in all of my previous, and my Harley, but the said I must log 3k oil changes. What to do? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
* subscribe *

·
Official DT Amsoil Dealer
697 Posts
I have an 08 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, lifetime warranty, and my wife has an 08 PT Cruiser. Has anyone been denied any coverage due to the 25k mile Amsoil? I swear by it in all of my previous, and my Harley, but the said I must log 3k oil changes. What to do? Thanks.
I have NEVER had a single warranty issue with anyone of my customers using Amsoil. Keep in mind that Amsoil holds their own warranty should anything happen because of one of their products.

http://www.modernoils.com/warranty.html

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
You have to log 3k oil changes when the manual states 6k. That is weird. With mine I'm going to just have the dealer do all of my 6k stuff.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
If you don't have receipts for every 3k, your engine will not be covered. Period. It's nice of amsoil to say otherwise, but it's a fairy tale.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
If you don't have receipts for every 3k, your engine will not be covered. Period. It's nice of amsoil to say otherwise, but it's a fairy tale.
OUCH! I didn't know that ... :(

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
AMSOIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT A WARRANTY CLAIM FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

9. Failure was the result of an OEM defect.

So if I throw a rod - and Dodge says, sorry, it's cause of the oil.. and you say, well its failed due to a OEM defect.. I'm screwed.

What's the number one cause of throwing a rod? "lack of proper lubrication"

Stick with the 6K mile mopar oil changes - and you'll have a truck that last forever.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Yes, just keep your reciepts when you purchase the oil and filter.

·
Registered
466 Posts
§ 2302. Rules governing contents of warranties

(c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission
No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

·
RamRoddin'
793 Posts
I dont see what you can do man?
I guess that does suck but im pretty sure it covers this right in your truck manual or in the warranty manual. One or the other, maybe even both.
Just because you "swear" by an oil doesnt mean dodge has to say "ok you can change yr oil every 25,000 miles instead of every 3,000 miles like we want you to" ya know what i mean?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
... Just because you "swear" by an oil doesnt mean dodge has to say "ok you can change yr oil every 25,000 miles instead of every 3,000 miles like we want you to" ya know what i mean?
I'd bet it has more to do with the dealerships wanting the vehicles back in the shop. It’s a point of fact that a dealership makes more money in the service department that they do selling the vehicles; the more often the vehicle is back for service the better.

:nutkick:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont see what you can do man?
I guess that does suck but im pretty sure it covers this right in your truck manual or in the warranty manual. One or the other, maybe even both.
Just because you "swear" by an oil doesnt mean dodge has to say "ok you can change yr oil every 25,000 miles instead of every 3,000 miles like we want you to" ya know what i mean?
I have been running Pennsoil Platinum, good reviews via bobistheoilguy, I usually run Amsoil anyways due to 3 yr 36k warrantys. But with the lifetime, I am being more cautious, and trying to follow suit with these guidelines. The warranty is my main concern. The Pennsoil will weather 3k miles easily. I just wanted others peoples experiences. Didn't mean to start an oil war.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
A dealership would have to prove that your insuffient oil changes were the cause of the problem, just look up the Warrenty Act (Magison-Moss?). Even still I think it would be too much of a hassle to go though vs. doing oil changes there way. And you can do your own or go to superlube.

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
The Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act protects vehicle owners from warranty cancellation on parts not related to or affected by a modification. For example, a product will be covered by the manufacturer of it, and the remainder of the truck will continue to be covered by manufacturer. They will have to prove the failure was caused by the product in question.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Magnusson-Moss has nothing to do with it. Nor does the quality of the oil. Your warranty is based on you following the manufacturers maintenance schedule. No lawyer is going to back you in court when you tell them you did 25k changes. Sometimes people act like lawers are free.

·
15,912 Posts
I run synthetic oils, but I will never let any oil change go more than 5K....I almost normally change around 3K anyway, but knowing I can go to 5K is just a buffer in case I cannot get to it right at 3K. I would never even think about an oil change past 5K no matter what the oil was. JMHO ;)

·
RamRoddin'
793 Posts
I have been running Pennsoil Platinum, good reviews via bobistheoilguy, I usually run Amsoil anyways due to 3 yr 36k warrantys. But with the lifetime, I am being more cautious, and trying to follow suit with these guidelines. The warranty is my main concern. The Pennsoil will weather 3k miles easily. I just wanted others peoples experiences. Didn't mean to start an oil war.
I hope you didnt see my post that way bro, i wasnt tryin to come across hostile or anything. Just sharin my view on the topic. Better things to do then pick a fight over oil, i agree hehe.
Goodluck either way man, and i dont mean that sarcastically. Amsoil sounds like killer shit - if i wasnt scared of the dealer id be all over it. But, like i said i gotta side with Dodge's view tho. I dont blame them for spec'ing their own regs for their warranty because they likely spent their research dough using a certain maintenance scheme so thats what they want us to use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not at all. Sometimes the Amsoil group gets heated on this. I like the oil too. I just will keep using it in my non lifetime warranty engines. Ill stick with Pennsoil Platinum for the two Chrysler Products. Thanks..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.