DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i been posting some audio stuff and i am curious about 2 kinds of amps for my truck i am looking at getting a SPL by sound stream 420 watt 2ch amp it will power 1or 2 bazooka tubes. is this a good amp i have ran one a long time ago for about a week when my apline mrv 1000 was getting worked on and it seemed ok. the other amp i am looking at putting in my boat its a mb quart nautic series 6x60 watt amp. it will run 4 6.5s and 1 bazooka 8in tube or maybe 2. i can run this one in tri mode sending 60 watts rms to each speaker and then 180 watts x1 to the 1 or 2 tubes. each tube recommend 75 watts rms.

just wanted to see if any of you guys run the MB QUART amps and the SPL amps. thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have not ran either but just so you know you should check www.millionbuy.com
they usually have some awesome prices on audio equipment. including SPL stuff.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I havent used SS but I do know MBQ makes some good gear.

·
Rock Chalk!
184 Posts
I put a SS 420 in my kids jeep with a single 12" kicker and it will make your ears bleed. Good stuff.

FYI - I am an avid boater and I quit buying marine sterio equipment. It does not last any longer but costs much more. I have an inexpensive Pioneer head unit with 6 MTX 5.25 speakers and two Pioneer 10" subs powered by two cheap Jensen 400w amps. It rocks loud enough to hear over my straight pipe 383 stroker at full throttle. Don't waste your money on marine crap unless you are in a very abusive environment. Obviously you don't want paper cone speakers or your amps and head unit in a wet location. If you are careful and strategically mount your components regular equipment works great and you save some $$$.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i am going to get the mb quart nautic 660 for the boat. i run a harsh environment down in south la we got salt water and humitidy so i am going to go marine with the amp i am with you on the other stuff lol def no paper cones. i figured for the price i can get the mb quart amp i cant go wrong i am buying it new for 175. and i am going to run a bazooka 8in tube in the boat just to re-enforce the highs in it. for the truck i am going to get the spl 420 for my single 6.5 bazooka tube.

i am keeping most of the stuff in my boat how it was it came with 4 clarion 6.5 marines, and a clarion marine cmd deck i think i am going to have to replace the deck the screen on it is shot

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
old school Soundstream was amazing stuff. From what I heard newer stuff is ok, but not like it used to be.

·
Rock Chalk!
184 Posts
I have never had anything from pyle. I have seen a lot of used clarion marine units on ebay and boating websites for sale if you want a replacement. A lot of new boats come with that unit so people looking to upgrade replace them.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My clarion cmd3 was a good deck till my mom hit it with the pressure washer lol that's why I am looking I have never ran thecpyle either so I am very sceptical but at that price also

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Pyle is garbage. It's maybe a small step above flee market brand stuff. It's the low end of what Best Buy sells. Skip it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well guys i was going to put a new bazooka 6.5 dvc sub back in the tube but i am looking at some other brands to replace it with that might give me a little bit better response. what yall think i heard the jl 6.5 does well in a bazooka tube enclosure. looking at maybe a kicker cvt 6.5 for my tube.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
I don't support bazooka tubes as a principle, but replacing it with JL or Kicker is sure to be better than the preloaded stuff. If you're spending more than $50 on them though, I'd just buy some dedicated 8s or 10s and build them into a spare compartment on the boat. I don't know much about marine audio, but I do know that some people mount speakers on a big rail that runs over the top of the boat. In that case a tube could blend in nicely. If this is for your truck, sell the tube on ebay and get a proper sub system, even if it's just 1 8 or 10.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
to put a bazooka replacement in the tube will cost me about 35 bucks for the dvc and to get one of the kicker subs its about 55. the 6.5 will stay for the truck. the marine i will stick with the 8in tube under one of my seats.even though i really miss my kicker l7 10s they jammed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.