DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I asked about one of these in my other thread, but my stuff always seems to get skipped, so I'll ask here. lol Anyhow, here's what I'm wondering:

Ok, so a 4 channel amp can either be used as 4 channels, bridged for 2 channels and even bridged to 1 channel right? Well, is it possible to bridge it to 2 channels to run my subs and still use the 4 channels by themselves for the doors? I'm looking at getting an Audiobahn A4125HCT amp and it's rated at 125x4 @ 4 ohms 500x2 @ 2 ohms. If it can be done... then that'd be great for my system.

The other hitng... I know door speakers are setup at 4 ohms, but is there a way to get them down to 2 ohms? This really only applies if the above setup doesn't work and I look at getting another amp that is 75x4 @ 4 phms or 150x4 @ 2 ohms. Obviously since they're the door speakers and there's four of them, I don't want to bridge or wire them together as I'd like to have the speakers independant of each other.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
4 channel amp can be 4 channels or 2 channels.......bu it can not be one channel.

yes you can use it to run subs and all four, you will need a high pass PASSIVE crossover to the left and right speakers and a low pass PASSIVE crossover to the bridged sub......go here to learn more click----->basic car audio

Orion used to make 2 ohm speakers, HCCA line of seperates.......but IMHO you do not need to do this.......

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
I would use the deck to power your interior speakers... most are 18 watts or more x4 with 50 watts max x4... That would run it fine. I would reccomend getting a 2 channel amp and bridging the channels... When you bridge a 2 channel the watts almost triple... The rockford fosgate P6000 is 200watts x2 but when bridged it is 600watts x1. I would run your subs in mono from a dedicated amp. Your door speakers dont need that much power because the subs will be taking care of the low end wattage. Check my signature for my setup... I got my system for less than half the price I was quoted from a shop by going ebay...

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
viper24 said:
I would use the deck to power your interior speakers... most are 18 watts or more x4 with 50 watts max x4... That would run it fine. I would reccomend getting a 2 channel amp and bridging the channels... When you bridge a 2 channel the watts almost triple... The rockford fosgate P6000 is 200watts x2 but when bridged it is 600watts x1. I would run your subs in mono from a dedicated amp. Your door speakers dont need that much power because the subs will be taking care of the low end wattage. Check my signature for my setup... I got my system for less than half the price I was quoted from a shop by going ebay...
If you want any kind of sound quality, DO NOT use the amp in a deck. Amp's are too cheap nowadays to even consider such a silly thing. Hell, you can get a decent 2-channel amp for less than $100...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
If you want any kind of sound quality, DO NOT use the amp in a deck. Amp's are too cheap nowadays to even consider such a silly thing. Hell, you can get a decent 2-channel amp for less than $100...

I'll have to agree with that.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
yellowbee said:
I'll have to agree with that.
Ditto.......not a good sound quality idea at all

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
my alpine does 50w max per channel, it will work fine on my type s's

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
viper24, it MIGHT do 50w max. Maybe. That's about 20w rms MAYBE. A separate amplifier is the way to go. But, hey, do what you want...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't recall off the top of my head what my MB Quartz are, but they were either 130 or so RMS or max which is why I wanted to run them off an amp.

SO, I just need to get a high pass passive and a low pass passive (or 2?) crossover?

Also, here's how I was planning on setting it up...

125 x 4 @ 4 ohms

500 x 2 @ 2 ohms

Subs are DVC 4 ohms which can be wired to 2 ohm loads individually which is why the 2 channels are used.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Black05Hemi said:

I agree also...Run your doors and a seperate amp...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.