DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help regarding the installation of an amp behind the back seats on a quad cab 03 Hemi.
I'd like to fit it on the verticle cab/bed wall if possible without drilling into the bed.
Has this been done in the past?
I can't find anything using search.
Cheers.
Al.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
if your drilling into the firewall behind the seats, theres no way you are coming close to the bed.. or even leaving the cab

·
Registered
59 Posts
maka said:
if your drilling into the firewall behind the seats, theres no way you are coming close to the bed.. or even leaving the cab
Why is that? I am trying to find a way to mount my amps back there but don't like the idea of having a hole in the exterior of my truck.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
you are putting screws into a carpet like material in the cab of your truck... not into the metal nor is it going to be exiting the cab and coming close to the bed... lol how long are your screws? 5 inches?!!?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Two options, some have drilled holes and the screws do go through the cab. Coat the end with some silicone from the space between cab and bed and your set. Others have used 1/4" particle board and glued it to the rear cab using adhesive. Then just screw into that board.

KB

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you mount them at the bottom of your rear wall they will fit. I but a single 10 on the passenger side and a 6 channel JBL 755.6 amp on my side. You can buy them off ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
maka said:
you are putting screws into a carpet like material in the cab of your truck... not into the metal nor is it going to be exiting the cab and coming close to the bed... lol how long are your screws? 5 inches?!!?

Oh I am removing that stuff. I want alot of room back there to be sure the amps stay as cool as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.