DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I installed a new power acoustik amp and two new 10" cadence SVC 2ohm subs wired to show 1ohm. The problem is when i turn the ignition on and the radio is playing the amp is on and has power according to the LED's yet i get no sound from the subs. Im pretty sure the wiring is correct on the subs but another weird problem from this is that the amp stays on lond after the ignition is tunred off. It seems the remote turn on lead is supplying the amp with continuous power. Does this sound like the problem is in the sub box wiring? thanks in advance-

Brannon

· Registered
100 Posts
im not an expert, but i have done all my own audio.
wat kinda h/u u using?
and try takein out the remoted lead when ur cars on and see if the amp goes off.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pulled the remote lead when the truck is on and the amp turns off. I am using a pioneer p6800 i believe. this is really frustrating b/c i've never had this problem before.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, i found my sub problem - the wiring at the box terminal had the insulation in the terminal instead of having wire touch the terminal. lol but my amp still lights up as powered and stays running after the truck is off. any ideas on why that is?

· Registered
100 Posts
idk. mine goes off but my cap stays on. it gets pretty annoyin.

mhmm tell me if when u turn off ur h/u the amp goes off.
mine goes off when i turn mine off.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idk if it goes off when i turn my h/u off...I'll have to check in the morning. Does your cap ever drain your battery? I'm thinking my amp may not since it's not pushing power to the subs, but i can hear the internal fan running and the blue led's on top stay lit. guess i'll find out in the morning.

· Registered
100 Posts
no wat drained my battery once was when i had my switches for lights and such hooked up to my battery and not to when i turn my truck on. and the switches r lighted and ran my battery down. but no dude u will be fine.
would u by chance have a crossfire amp?

· Registered
113 Posts
Sounds to me like you have the wrong wire hooked up, you need to check and make sure you tied that in to the remote wire on your HU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.