DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would the cheapest place to be to buy American Racing Chrom Atlas 17x8 wheels. The cheapest i have found so far is 193 a wheel.

·
Country Boy
770 Posts
check pep boys. might cost a couple bucks more than getting it online but you wont have to pay for shipping. I also believe sears and firestone sell ARR

·
Registered
167 Posts
I went to a local Big 10 tire with some quotes I printed from the internet for my ARE wheels and BFG A/T ko tires for my 4x4 F150. They weren't atlas but baja. They came within $50 of the total for the best price I found and could have them the next day, included installation and lifetime balance and rotation.

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
Just a word of caution. Some aftermarket 17" wheels will not clear the calipers. Not saying the ones you want will not, but you should dry fit a wheel before mounting a tire to it, to make sure it will clear. I had to go with 18" wheels and a different sytle than what I originally wanted, in order to clear. The 17" wheels I wanted would not clear. Both were American Racing.

Also, make sure to check the backspacing. The wheels you are looking at are 4-1/2". The tires are going to stick out about an inch from the fenders. My Vanguards have a 5" backspacing and the tires stick out about 1/2", which is not too bad.

http://www.summitracing.com has the polished version for $159.95 per wheel.

At their Web site, enter are-1607885 in the search box to go directly to this wheel.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx, there is a member on here with them mounted on his third gen ram. it's a 2500 though. is there a difference?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.