DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a single in/out Magnaflow on my hemi ram now, and it sounds pretty good, but for some reason, it gets a raspy sound to it when i gun it or am stepping on it hard getting up to 70mph or so. Im useing the stock piping and resonator, and the sound inside the cab is perfect, not bad at all, but im just not complety happy with the mag, so i was thinking a single in/out 40 or 50 or 70 series flowmaster, something like that, i dont know, just something that sounds goood, and not loud in the cab, Ive been standing places before , and hear a truck go by, and the sound of the exhaust sounds soooo perfect, soooo smooth, not raspy, just perfect, thats the sound id like to have, and not spend a ton of money doing it, so what do u all suggest? I know flow makes a Hemi spec. muffler, but it cost to much for me right now, and i dont wanna do dual out. so what to do, what to do.......

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Check out my gallery and I've got a couple sound clips of my 03 with a flow 40.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super 40, i may go with that one, is it 3" in/out? hows the inside of the cab noise with it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 40 series (deltaflow) drowns like crazy in the cab...(4.7). I switched to the 50 series (deltaflow) and I find that the sound is just right. Same performance spec, much quiter in the cab, but not too quiet. I too have just installed the one in, and one outlet 'can' only the stock piping, which only Dodge has done right. If it is a daily driver, I would suggest the 50.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats the part number i need for my 05' hemi ram, single in/out, thanks

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
ramtough said:
Got a single in/out Magnaflow on my hemi ram now, and it sounds pretty good, but for some reason, it gets a raspy sound to it when i gun it or am stepping on it hard getting up to 70mph or so. Im useing the stock piping and resonator, and the sound inside the cab is perfect, not bad at all, but im just not complety happy with the mag, so i was thinking a single in/out 40 or 50 or 70 series flowmaster, something like that, i dont know, just something that sounds goood, and not loud in the cab, Ive been standing places before , and hear a truck go by, and the sound of the exhaust sounds soooo perfect, soooo smooth, not raspy, just perfect, thats the sound id like to have, and not spend a ton of money doing it, so what do u all suggest? I know flow makes a Hemi spec. muffler, but it cost to much for me right now, and i dont wanna do dual out. so what to do, what to do.......
Don't go flowmaster if you want that smoooooth operator sound :D
I'm willing to bet you have the wrong size magnaflow muffler on there. I bet they (muffler shop) put the 16-18 inch shorter CAR version of the muffler on there just to make money off of you. That is unless you bought it yourself online. (shame shame)

Oh, and the Mopar CAI is AEM Brute Force Intake.

·
Banned
153 Posts
I would just call Flowmaster for a part#

The interior noise is loud at 2100 RPMs when its dumped with a Super 40. I saw that you kept the resonator on with the factory pipe. That should reduce the interior noise.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I would say dump the resonator and keep the maganflow. Also find out which magnaflow you have. Measure it if nothing else to give you a good idea. No matter which flowmaster you go with, you will increase interior noise.

My magnaflow got beffier over the first two weeks I had it so you might want to wait before switching.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did measure the magnaflow and the case was about 18" long, and it does say 'Magnaflow' on it. I do like the sound of my mag, dont get me wrong, just dont like the raspy sound it gives off at times.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oyeah, i did get it at a shop, not online.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
BrandonSC said:
Yeah, something is wrong. A Flowmaster should sound like this grrrrrrrrrrrrrpapapapapapapapapa, not like this vrmmmmmmmmmmpspspspspspspspspsps.
no no mine went

Dum-Dum-Dum-Da-Da-Dum-Dum
Dum-Dum-Dum-Dum-Da-Da-Dum-Dum

theres went

Dum-Dum-Dum-Dum-Da-Da-Da-Dum-Dum

man i hope somebody knows what im talking about

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol, well, i think mine is the 12259, but honestly i have no way of knowing, but i called the muffler shop, and thats one of the 3" mufflers they had in stock, so maybe thats what i have.....who knows, i guess i'll stick with it, or go back to stock muffler, cause i dont feel like spending over 100 bucks on another muffler. The magnaflow does sound good 99 percent of the time.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Hey, I love the way my truck sounds with the Super 40.. Many people ask me how i got the muffler because they cant get their hands on it. I tell them the best way is to get it online even though i got it from my local hook up muffler shop. Get it.. U wont regret it! Oh yea... Dump it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have totally changed my outlook on exhaust after this weekend... I finally listened to the few e-cutout fans here and put my stock muffler back on with a cutout 6" before the muffler. Because it can fully open, fully closed or anywhere in between, you basically have a stock, flowmaster, magnaflow, etc. all in one. If you want it really loud, hit the switch to open it all the way and you're way loud in 4 seconds. A cop comes around the corner or you have to take out a client for work, close the cutout and your dead quiet. If you're cruising around and want a little bit of a rumble but, not extremely loud, open it 1/3 or 1/2 way and there you have it. My only complaint (if you'd call it that) is, the sound isn't as deep and throaty as a Flowmaster but, it's close.

It's like a new toy- I can't stop opening, closing testing different sounds, etc. as I'm driving now! $180 for the cutout and $110 to install it and reinstall the stock muffler and I have the most flexible exhaust around!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mufflers? what is a muffler? i have headers coming off my 360 with a y pipe at the cat then just straight pipes...it sounds great and i get alot of comments on the sound...

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I have a flow 40 stainless can on my 318 and it makes alot of pops. I blame it on my overall exhaust length which is very short (from manifolds to cat isn't far, the muffler is welded directly to the cat, then the tailpipe is direct off of the flow). And the stock tailpipe is only 2.5 inch... I can't blame the flow for that, it soulds killer at idle and cruising (not loud enough if you ask me!!)..
So mine sounds like this:

BwaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMmmmm PApaapapaaaapaaPAAAPApapaaapaaaaa

:D
If ya know what I mean!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
hemi_dakota94 said:
BwaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMmmmm PApaapapaaaapaaPAAAPApapaaapaaaaa

QUOTE]

Dum-Dum-Dum-Dum-Da-Da-Dum-Dum

theres went

Dum-Dum-Dum-Dum-Da-Da-Da-Dum-Dum

grrrrrrrrrrrrrpapapapapapapapapa, not like this vrmmmmmmmmmmpspspspspspspspspsps.

Ya'll are being way too loud. I'm at work now i've got to turn my speakers down because of all this exhaust noise rustling through the office...lol... :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.