Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2003 Durango that I LOVE with 99k miles! :rck: Now the rotors and brakes have never impressed me since day one. I've replaced them a couple of times now but always with stock parts. With this last set, I only got 10k miles before serious warping and pulsation through the brake pedals.

I've searched on and off for a year now trying to find a respectable aftermarket solution but no one seems to make a 2003 aftermarket rotor because the design changed from 1998-2002 (SKIPPED 2003) and 2004-2006. :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

Can someone please give me some guidance as to what I can buy before I'm forced to trade in my truck? :help:

·
Banned
8,865 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW!!! :dwave: I'm very impressed with how fast you replied!! Those rotors seem perfect too! THANKS!

Any suggestions on a brake pad to match those rotors? Should I stick with EBC or go with a Hawk pad??? :dtrocks:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...Year=2003&autoModClar=&brand=&category=Rotors

Or these, if you like plain rotors.

I know many like the Hawk over the OEM pad, but I thought they were not that big an improvement, I much prefer Porterfield's R4S pads. They grap better, and they last with low dust. I had over 83K miles when I pulled them and that is driving in Atlanta's gridlock traffic...lots of stop and go. I've heard good things about EBC pads as well.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Glad we could help.

Hope you can pass along the helping hand to another forum member sometime in the future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
warped?

Hi:

I bought my '98 new and just turned 86K, so I'm on my 4th set of ball joints and untold number of rotors and pads. I tow a boat, and my wife says I drive like a maniac.

That said, I heard somewhere that most of people's complaints about warped rotors are really something else worn in the suspension/steering. I was skeptical, but the next time I had a warped feeling (that coincided with my truck's) I took it to my mechanic and had him check out everything. The ball joints were worn again, so he replaced them. Guess what? No more warped feeling in the brakes!

I'm sure that's not the case all the time, but don't overlook what isn't obvious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought the suggest EBC Rotors and the reccomended RED STUFF Brake Pads. They came in this week... going to install them this upcoming weekend. I'll keep everyone updated on the success of this combination. :IDEA:

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
K9-Handler said:
Hi:

I bought my '98 new and just turned 86K, so I'm on my 4th set of ball joints and untold number of rotors and pads. I tow a boat, and my wife says I drive like a maniac.

That said, I heard somewhere that most of people's complaints about warped rotors are really something else worn in the suspension/steering. I was skeptical, but the next time I had a warped feeling (that coincided with my truck's) I took it to my mechanic and had him check out everything. The ball joints were worn again, so he replaced them. Guess what? No more warped feeling in the brakes!

I'm sure that's not the case all the time, but don't overlook what isn't obvious.

What are you replacing them with?? DODGE scrap BJ's from the recall? Get some moog's on there. Are you offroading a lot where they'll get warn out pre-maturely?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.