DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
HEMI_Andy
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy on ebay has brushed aluminum and chrome gauge surrounds. Has anyone tried these or have a pic of one installed?

If so is the gauge cluster easy to get apart.

ebay item # 7973368344

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I have one.......not the easiest in the world to install but nice.....I am actually having a little trouble with mine separating from the double sided sticky tape so I will be pulling it back out to repair it soon!!!

look to the left for the guage overlay.....sorry its the only pic I have!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts

·
Satanmobile
460 Posts
or is this what you were looking for...guage bezel???

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Looks cool , But I heard they can be a bi*ch to install......

·
Registered
259 Posts
I love that gauge surround. I saw it on bean's truck while in Arkansas and it looks great! And its only $11.50, I think I might have to get one ...

·
Satanmobile
460 Posts
it wasn't bad to do..the hardest part i think was getting th guage cluster out/in of the dash

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
I would hit up art at hension motorsports, he has a ebay store now, they sell the srt-10 dash with the push button start already installed and instructions on hooking it up... he has alot of sweet stuff, but it comes and goes, so check back every day and new stuff will be there....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I couldn't fine hension motorsports on ebay.

slammed1 and Mikey's HEMI, are yalls two chrome covers from that seller on ebay? How much did they cost?

Thank you,
Kyle

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
mine is the overlay that is the same as the e-bay seller.........they are cheap but sort of a pain in the butt to install.....Beandip77 installed mine while I was dropping a few trucks.........I have to go back into mine to re-fasten the overlay due to it starting to vibrate loose..............

.700 inch roller cammed up 4.7's tend to vibrate things loose from time to time!!!!!!! LMAO!!!.........oh no here it comes I can see it now..........

·
Satanmobile
460 Posts
i don't remember from who bit it was like 15 to the door for it. I just did a search for ram dash bezel and i found it..(just checked now and there was done for the 3rd gen)
after guage cluster outta the truck i accually used a dime to pry it off..very carefully and it just popped off

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's not that hard to install fellas. Like Brian said, I just cooked the damn thing at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes and i used a small flat head screw driver and pryed it up. Not to be a smart ass, but be sure you do take your unscrew your actual gauge cluster away from the gauge bezel itself. I used super glue to re-attach mine. Some people don't like doing that, but I figured I would probably never take the damn thing out anyways. You can use the same silicone to reattach it, your choice. The actual alluminum part is held on to the gauge cluster with double sided tape. I've had mine on for a long while with no problems. If anyone needs some pointers, hit me up. Always glad to help.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
The factory srt dash is sweet... Art has it with the push button start... ill get back with the link to his ebay store...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.