DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal I have an 05 dodge 1500 2wd.. Today I got a offer to buy some 345/55/hr17.. Will they fit my truck with a 3'' body lift? There olny 31.9 tall mounted but they are 13.5'' wide. Do you think with a offset of 12mm they will work? here are the wheels I'm looking at.

edit..it wont let me post a link.. they are American Racing Black Clash wheels.

tell me what yall think about the tire.wheel combo, thanks alot..

·
Kaos AD
1,368 Posts
Wow you found truly dead space,,,,lol
I don't have an answer for ya but didn't want ta leave ya hangin'
IMO tho I'd have to say no due to serious rubbage. but spacers and such are an option that I would never use on my truck for safety reasons.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol well thank you for being the olny one who didn't just pass it up..I didn't buy the tires just because I didn't want to be stuck with crap that wouldnt fit. Anyways once again thanks for not leaving a bro hangin.

·
Kaos AD
1,368 Posts
What are you tryin to achieve? ride height, looks fuel economy,ground clearance,traction,all weather?
I'm going with the Toyo open country at in 285/75/17 already ordered install on friday. Will post pics. They are lighter than most,almost 34inches tall and only 11.5 wide. no rubbing, great ride, superb all weather traction and have proven to increase fuel mileage due to height/weight ratio.,,,, I wanted all of the above!! lol
Bridgestone dueler at revo is a great choice for more of a street application. Then the tradional BFG at I bought a set of those as well from a guy on this site.

·
Kaos AD
1,368 Posts
Nope would work bitchin. Ya might wanna look into leveling kit if you're planning on beating on it off road and such. Will give ya an update on or just after friday when they're actually on my truck.Tire plus anticipates delivery this thurs,,,,,so I plan on them being ready to install friday. You should start a gallery so everyone can check out your ride. And profile.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i think it might look a little off since they really arent tall but super wide. i wouldnt put them on my truck, but it depends on what your tastes are. they are going to stick out alot and your gas mileage is gonna go down.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I am leaning away from those tires I was originally talking about. There is just no point in buying somthing that won't look good. I think I am going to look into 285/75/17's..If you don't mind me asking what'd you get yours for? I am kind've on a budget but my tires are getting bald so I want to get some that I really want now!

·
Registered
462 Posts
They would have fit fine with the body lift. I ran a 33 on mine with just a leveling kit in the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts