DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup i just got done doing everything with the help of dline and a fellow DTW buddy the cam is in and no codes so far with only 10 miles on it so far and it found a idle after driving for a little while the lope is fawking awesome!!!! whomp whomp. thats with resonated tips and FM 40 series it was to hot to touch the cut out. (dline has a clip of it)sounds mean as hell. as for perfromnce wise i can't say yet because we didn't have time to change the springs(3 weeks or so) i am just going to keep my revs below 6k. I did get a cel for the powersteering pump because the fluid was low. so let the questions be asked if you have anything. like i said i need to get more miles before i can really tell a diffrence. its running rich right now i can smell it pretty good i just hope it will even out i will keep you guys posted. i have to drive 200ish miles back to college tommorow so i will see how it is after that.

Any questions?!?!

2,395 Posts
i've got one question for you....do you know how hard it is going to be to keep it under 6000rpms?? lol i suggest you put your rev. limiter and shift points below 6000 right now, if you havnt already!! haha

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will get some more sound clips today and i have to call krc today also to go threw some things. i will get a clip of the cut out open!!!! then you will tell the cams there. i fawking awesome

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Come on guys hurry up and get some miles on them so we can hear some long term results!!!!!!!

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i am going to make a trip to port huron and back this morning its all highway 70 mph the whole way i will see what happeneds But first i have to clean the shop up a bit!!i will be back.

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
awesome ramkid been waiting to hear your results! you definitely got to put some miles on her, it takes a while for the comp to figure out if she is happy or not as all of us already know. a good 150 miles might start giving you a better picture! sweet though glad you got it in! :crazy:

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes for sure i am very glad it was a bigger job that i thought. those damn push rods!!!. i might just pay someone to do the springs sometime it doesn't look fun at all.

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
yeah the pushrods are a PITA....sam was swearing up and down last weekend when we did his 6.1 install.....now this weekend i will be swearing up and down with my 6.1 install! anyway looking forward to some sound clips, the one i heard sounds great....

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol ya but you ca/t even hear a lope. i will get some today cause when its bounching between 550-800 its like whomp whomp whomp. not so much like the 218 but like its little brother cam.!!haha time for a road trip i will check back in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
awesome job on the cam, I hope it works out for you. After about 100 miles, you will really feel the cam. I gained .6 in the 1/4 mile with my cam, you can definitely feel it once the comp accepts it.

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yah andy do you know how long it will take? i am getting rich codes right now for bank 1 and 2 after my trip and back apx 100 miles. the low end is insane. the top end i don't know yet i haven't gone past 5500. but i was doing about 30 and this ford in front of me hit it pretty hard. so did i and i go side ways as soon i blurped the gas. it still has a time stalling here and there but from what i have heard it will smooth out. it also is pulling 32% fuel at idle.

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i also should add that my mpg on the trip going 80 the whole way i got about 18 and going 55-60 i got 20ish so its not abd for running so rich

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
32 percent fuel at idle?

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its adding some fuel to make it idle. it has been dieing alot today when i come to a stop or so i need to get alot of miles on this thing soon. to make it run right

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
once it quits dying, you will be at peak performance. It shouldnt be dying anymore at this point.

·
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i only have about 100 miles on it so far. maybe once i leave tommorow to go to school 200 miles give or take it will stop. it idles low. Andy do you think i could use that split second piggy back thing not the arc-1 the pcs-001 or what ever it is?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
i have been told lately that the psc is better than the arc 1. I say go for it.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.