DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 Dodge Sport has already had some engine work (Edelbrock Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust) and some exterior work, Chrome Body Inlay, and a 3 Inch Air Ride setup...My question was if anyone had any suggestions regarding some exterior modifications, that i'd love to hear them...any suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Either drop it lower or put on some 20's with all terrain tires

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was that helpful criticism, or a knock? not sure...but that 'slight tint' on your rig makes all the difference :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
take those 24's and put some 35 MT's over them and you got yourself a beautiful show truck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
just put 35x12.50 mud terrains on there. it will look so damn good.

·
i yell at microphones.
209 Posts
lol geez guys
ok heres my .02.... ditch the street tires, get some mud tires to fill the wheel wells..although finding them to fit a 24" is going to be difficult id imagine.
ditch the visor.
pick up a cowl hood.
im not hating in teh least so dont be offended.
the truck looks pretty sweet dude

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your funny Big Joe...but i did look into getting wider tires for my rims, but since the tires i have now already rub on my wheel wells, and higher of a tire would make this issue even worse...so i'm sort of stuck with either my regular 35's, or my 24's...haven't decided what i want for full time tires yet...:)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
blasphemy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love a set of tires like that OffRoad...your truck does look sick...i'll give you that...i'll take your criticism...:)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Thanks bro. Your wheels look sick... and to each his own with their own truck. I admire the originality of the truck if nothing else. Want my $0.02? Lift the truck, a simple 5" kit, throw some 35's on there, and keep the 24's. Kumho MIGHT make a tire that would fit your needs.... don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've never really looked into a lift kit, but would have a ball park idea how much a 5 inch lift kit would run? it might be something i'll look into if its in the price range...

·
Registered
427 Posts
got a question...is your steering jacked up from those monster 24's? i have 22's on mine(summertime) and can tell the difference from my 20" snowshoes. even got an alignment w/ 22's on it and still jerky at times. i want to go up to 24's or 26's eventually but don't want to sacrifice stability in the steering. just wondering if you noticed anything close to what im talkin bout? by the way, you got a "chrome" theme...get some handle covers. i got some for both side doors & tailgate. they sweetin up the whole chromed look. i would also swap your tails for chromed...check out my gallery to see what i got on mine. i also have a 4x4 and lowered the rear with drop shackles to level it out. to each his own...pretty tight setup ya got...props to the modder to make it his own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Absolutely there is a huge difference with my 24's on...the steering is a little more loose, and my turning radius sucks, even with the lifted suspension (rubbing tires)...I had my steering shock replaced twice, and my alignment checked, but i think with the high ride height, the large diameter and width of my tires, makes it a little more difficult to keep in a straight line...i can almost turn my wheel a quarter turn both ways while driving in a straight line, and still drive straight, to be honest, but you get used to it...everything is right, you just lose that tightness is your steering...the stability is still there, its just an adjustment from your snows...but if you want 24's...get em...they'll look insane on your ride... also, since i posted my pics, i have installed chrome handles, and am currently having a custom chrome roll pan with 2, 4" inch chrome tubes molded to create a custom roll pan design...i'm looking into some custom head light and tail lights as well, but haven't quite found the right design yet...but thanks a lot for the positive feed back...its much appreciated...and i love your truck man...nicely done, not too over the top, and just the right upgrades...those wide rims are sick too...beautiful truck man...keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
A color-matched rollpan on the back with dual exhaust exiting close together in the center could look good on your truck. Maybe some large tips with cutouts on the rollpan to tuck them so they aren't hanging underneath?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Can you say "DONK"

·
Registered
427 Posts
it's when people raise up a caprice or other car to fit ginormous rims/tires. it really looks terrible. but i cant quite see where he is going with that comment...to each his own and so on....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.