What brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Paper Chaser
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Kappas, and I've had Type-R's. I'm going with 6x9 co-axials in the front and 5 1/4 co-axials in the back... I want LOUD CLEAR sound with reasonable mid-bass too. What are your experiences with these?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Check the mounting depth first. If the magnet is too deep your speaker will need spacer rings if you want to use your windows.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I got pioneers.... sounds good to me. a couple amps a kenwood lcd deck sub and box on the way.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
My Kicker DS650s (co-ax) sound really good. But Ive got a set of Pioneer 4way 6 1/2s I might be swapping out to see how I like them.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I am going with Type-R when I replace everything, and I am getting it from that online stereo place that everyone keeps on posting the linky too ;)

I can get the 500w RMS sub amp, 6.5" components and 6.5" coaxials for just over 400 shipped and add a 4x100 (or 4x150 depending on Ohms) amp and have it all shipped for under 700! thats a steal of a site!!

-David

PS since I have not been in a vehicle personally that has had them, I am going to refrain from voting since I have not heard them both to compare ;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Based solely on reputation and quality, I would say go with the Infinity speakers...but have you looked at the Infinity Reference speakers vs the Kappa's?

For speakers, I honestly stick to three main manufacturers that are credible in their quality....Infinity, Kicker, and Rockford Fosgate.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Whats the name of the stereo place??

·
Paper Chaser
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my 88 Bronco I had a pretty outrageous setup, Alpine 9856 HU (one of the best decks they've ever produced) with Alpine type-r 5x7's in the back and Infinity 60.7cs components in the front(those infinitys scream). All powered by a kenwood KAC-X542 4 channel amp. In the BACK was 2) Kicker L7 12's in a ported box getting 900w each (powered by a Kenwood mono amp to each). Loudest clearest setup I've ever heard before and thats without prejudice being my truck and all. I loved the mid-bass from the type-Rs but they couldn't hold a candle to the treble and clarity of the infinitys up front. I think I'm gonna go with the Kappa Coaxials front and rear because I don't want to drill into my door panels to put tweets.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Anyone with the MB Quarts premium line..?

·
GangstaHic
1,254 Posts
im running apline type r's amped on a alpine amp just switched from memphis. they sound great but you will have to use spacers on the rear doors. I took the factory speaker used it as a templete and cut a peice of plexiglass drilled the holes to match and it worked perfect. Sound is nice and clear. im getting ready to get alpine type r subs and build a custom center console box. but im a little short on funds so im pretty slow on it. get the alpine type r's
i got a great deal on www.sonicelectronix.com

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
I love my Infinity components (2 Pair); they are loud as hell when turned up, but very clear at low volumes. Of course, it helps that I'm sending 80w a peice to them. If you want clear, go for components. I can drive with the windows down, on the highway, and hear everything clearly. I got both pairs of my components, from Crutchfield, for $350 shipped! Good luck.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
I chose other becasue the ive always had good luck with pioneer

·
14 Express
261 Posts
Had the kappas in my old truck, wasn't happy with them.

Currently have Boston Accoustic SX65's in the rear and SX95's in the front, powered by a mid level Alpine amp, and very pleased with the clean crisp sound.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would say go with what you think sounds better. Go to your local car audio place that has both sets of speakers and bring your favorite cd to listen to them and go from there.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
tommyboys is right. Everyone has different ears and sounds are heard different. I thought the Alpines were a little too "bright" midrange sounding for my liking. I bought Infinity Reference front and rear for mine. I went with the intentions of buying the Alpines to go with my Alpine made RB1 head unit. Both sounded good with full range.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The other thing is if you are looking at 2 set of speakers and one is more then the other in price. Make sure you can hear a differance, If you can 't you wasted money you did not need to. The other thing is make sure you have the power to drive the speakes you really don't need more then 75 watts per speaker ( for most people it is load enough)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.