DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Dodge Laramie 5.7 Hemi crew cab. It has a Alpine sound system. Is it me or does the sound quality suck. I also have a 2002 Dodge Ram Quad cab with a Infinity system that kicks butt. Does anyone have the same issues with the 2009 or 2010? Is there somethiung I should look at like is the power amp have a depth gain/level adjustment for bass response? Eq on this system is maxed. Noticed in the accessory cat there is kicker system upgrade anyone install this and is it worth it? Love my trcuk though...Open to suggestions...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a thought but have you upgraded the software? I've read that sometimes this helps with sound issues......althought I don't have the Alpine system in my truck....so can't speak from experience. I did notice a change in mine when I upgraded my REN to 9.292.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think my Alpine sounds way better then my old Infinity stereos

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find it's missing lots of bass response even though it has a sub. No bottom end.....Has anyone looked into the power amp or is there an adjustable crossover to adjust the bass response?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will also note that I haven't updated my firmware does anyone with an Alpine know what revision there at? My eq only adusts high, mid and low 3 bands anyone have anything different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm sorry to be "that guy," but the "Alpine" system you get from the manufacturer is a total POS. Have you ever looked at the sound system components on a parts list? For example, here:
http://www.makeitdodgeparts.com

The regular speakers are about 7 bucks. (Wrap your head around that for a minute: a seven dollar speaker. No wonder it sounds criminally bad.) But the Alpine system is an upgrade, right? Well, the "premium" speakers (i.e., Alpines) are all of ... wait for it ... $20. The sub is around $50.

It's a racket. They are slapping a nice label on bottom of the barrel equipment and charging through the nose for it. Alpine should be ashamed of themselves b/c they are putting one over on people based on the reputation of their genuine aftermarket stuff (which runs a lot more than $20).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am not real thrilled with it, either. However, I do feel it's better than the Infinity in my '08 Ram. However, the 2010 is sooooo much quieter inside that this may be the main reason it sounds better:)

It's a very clean sound, but not very loud (and you need LOUD when rocking some SOAD!) and I'll agree that the bass is lacking, even with the new addition of a separate subwoofer.

It's good, but far from great based on what they charge. I only hope that the speaker locations and sizes are condusive to upgrades with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I found that by reducing the mid range on the EQ the sound seemed to improve. I think I'm running the mid around -3. I've also found that depending on what your using for media will affect sound quality. Heck some songs from my Ipod bang on the system while other are just so so.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I would agree it sucks.
I had to pay 300 bucks for upgraded speakers,ID hate to think what the regular speakers would have sounded like.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
catsltd:

What kind of speakers did you purchase when you did your update? Was it all including the sub? I see they have the kicker package as an update has anyone out there updated the Alpine crap to the kickers package including the amp?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
catsltd:

What kind of speakers did you purchase when you did your update? Was it all including the sub? I see they have the kicker package as an update has anyone out there updated the Alpine crap to the kickers package including the amp?
Its a regular cab so no kicker options.
To get the Nav system I had to pay 300 dollars for updated speakers.
I have no idea why.
To get back up camera I needed the 2000 dollar updated nav system,to get the nav system u had to get the updated speakers.
I will never be able to figure it out,but I like the truck so much,I dont give a sht.LOL.

·
Registered
45 Posts
12 or 13!!!:ugh set the bass 5 mid -3 treble 7 and move the fade back at 3 to the rear and crank that puppy up to 30. Put in some disturbed, queensryche, or Pink! :D had to throw that in! lol and then go "rockn down the highway"!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree 30 is the only way to go! My setting are very simular but still not enough bang out of that sub! I had the infinity system in my 06 Ram and added a Kicker L7 10inch sub in a custom fiberglass enclosure I built for under the seat and that thing hammered like hell! The bass was so deep so I can honestly say yeah I'm a bit disappointed in the Alpine system!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2009 Dodge Laramie 5.7 Hemi crew cab. It has a Alpine sound system. Is it me or does the sound quality suck. I also have a 2002 Dodge Ram Quad cab with a Infinity system that kicks butt. Does anyone have the same issues with the 2009 or 2010? Is there somethiung I should look at like is the power amp have a depth gain/level adjustment for bass response? Eq on this system is maxed. Noticed in the accessory cat there is kicker system upgrade anyone install this and is it worth it? Love my trcuk though...Open to suggestions...
Its you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 09 Sport that has the Alpine sound system with the sub. I had also thought that there should be more bass with this set up. The sound is good but for the extra cost I think it should sound a lot better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shing

At least someone agrees that it is missing some bottom end. Not sure if it's a power amp issue, receiver, or subs with speakers. Pretty much covers it all. That's why I want to know if anyone out there with the same system upgraded there speakers to the kicker package with amp and sub/speakers?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've noticed that the best sound I get out of my system is off of DVD's. I have a los lonely boys CD/DVD that has videos in DVD on one side. It sounds like 108108108 times better in DVD mode.
--Hop

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a Fox Acoustics sub enclosure w/ Memphis M1 and a Memphis amp driving it, Memphis components in the rear doors, and Vibe Space 6 component in the front......still not satisfied with the sound. I disliked the sub box at first because there were some fitament issues and I had to find new bolts because, after raising the rear seat a bit, the stock ones were too short. The box has grown on me and it sounds great. The space 6 set doesn't work great with the stock amp so I have ordered the Kicker set for the front doors and dash, should be in this week and hopefully sound better than the "Alpine" or Vibe. I should have just bypassed everything and went with a new amp, but was trying to go the cheaper route and now I am regretting it. I would like to hear about the Kicker amp upgrade. I am wondering if it would be better than the one that comes with the Alpine system. I don't know if it would be signifigant enough to justify the cost. I can't find the specs for either. Anyone have the amp specs???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.