DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got work this morning and ventured in to the garage to pop the hood of my Dak to service the K&N filter. This is the first time that I had ever done this. I had bought the filter charger kit for it, read the instructions and....sheeesh!! I never knew that this would be a pain. The wonderful part was taking apart the ol' Shaker bubble first. Then everything has been time consuming since!! Finally after getting the filter done with what needed to be done to it..then it was re-assembly. What a pain!!! I guess the torture you have to put up with for something that looks so awsome!!:rck::D:crazy:

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah when i clean mine i start at night then do all the reoiling the next morning but yeah i feel you pain man....

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
When I had the drop in K&N filters I'd let it dry completely for a couple days (ran stock filter) then re-oil and install the K&N. When it comes time to replace the cone on my 5.9L's FIPK I'll probably change it out for a dry cellulose Amsoil filter instead.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I have 2 filters, don't mind changing them sooner, clean the old one and put it away for next time.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what...that's not a bad idea.:rck: I get a little more money, I'll have to do that. Thanks for the idea. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.