DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a small accident a month ago. cracked the front bumper and grill. the body shop has had my truck for 3.5 weeks now saying the grill and bottom piece of the airdam is tough to get. i have a '03 1500 Sport. i realize the airdam stuff may be a little tough to get but a month????? its not like Rams are not very popular and we're trying to find parts for a '57 chevy. they told me they are ordering through chrysler and everything is back ordered. has anyone had to get these parts and waited a month?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
BS (Body shop or Bull S----) Excuses... Hope you get it back soon

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
that sucks man....hope you get it back soon

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
They are probably getting paid for new parts, but trying to find you some used parts they can get cheaper. I highly doubt that 2 very common parts like that would be on backorder from Chrysler for a month.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Something sounds sketchy with that. I hope they get it right for you soon ...

:drivingz:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are probably getting paid for new parts, but trying to find you some used parts they can get cheaper. I highly doubt that 2 very common parts like that would be on backorder from Chrysler for a month.
my thoughts exactly. and add on that they have a very friendly relationship with the hertz that i'm renting from. as long as the ins co. is paying for the rental everyone is making out

·
Dodge Tech
352 Posts
Most Chrysler parts are on back order/not available. Dealers are relying on each other to have the parts for one another so to fix cars. Every car i am working on has parts a week away so i can fix them. So i wouldn't say b/s, i would say that Chrysler needs to pay some bills so suppliers make some parts for everyone.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Are you getting your rig fixed through your insurance? I mean that the shop that is in the insurance company network?
If so, you can discuss with the insurance company. I think there are max days the insurance pay for the rental from Hertz?

My best man, who is a mechanic, told me that it was tough getting parts these days. Many manufactures shut down their production, and their suppliers are not doing well either.
I hope you get your rig fixed soon. Is there an option for you to get the aftermarket or SRT-10 bumper? Just an idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you getting your rig fixed through your insurance? I mean that the shop that is in the insurance company network?
If so, you can discuss with the insurance company. I think there are max days the insurance pay for the rental from Hertz?

My best man, who is a mechanic, told me that it was tough getting parts these days. Many manufactures shut down their production, and their suppliers are not doing well either.
I hope you get your rig fixed soon. Is there an option for you to get the aftermarket or SRT-10 bumper? Just an idea.
I am getting fixed through the ins co and by a place they recommend. i'm not sure about the aftermarket SRT-10 option. i'd love to if i can

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
Guess I got lucky then, got my replacment bumper for my Sport the same day I cracked it. But as far as the SRT option, I also wanted to go that route, goodluck with that. Theres about a $500 diff between the two skins. I did mine outta pocket so I wasn't going to go that route. Too much$$$ But hey, if you can I would.

Good luck. Sucks not to have your truck!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
there isn't the letters LKQ anywhere on your estimate is there? that means "like Kind Quality" ie used. Someone hit my 94 silverado a few years ago caved the boxside. they wanted to put a used boxside on I never would have known had someone not explained "LKQ" to me.

thing about used parts is they can tell you they are chrysler parts and they really aren't lying. not sure if I would want used chrysler or the aftermarket sheet metal probably a tossup although my last insurance job I got a keystone aftermarket rear bumper and haven't noticed any issues yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.