DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and purchased a new policy with Allstate today for my 2004 Ram 1500 and my new rate is $1051.00 a year for total coverage in California. Not bad. I've been driving for 24 years with no accidents (I probably just voodood it) and nothing on my record so maybe that's why it's low.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experience with Allstate...I have been with AAA for all these years and just switched.
Feedback?

·
RuggedRam
18 Posts
I have been w/ allstate for about 2 and half years but when I got my new 06 ram my payments were un heard of. I mean they were just outragious. I was 20 when I purchased my truck and my monthly payment was just over $500 a month, yes I said a month. When I turned 21 they finally dropped down to $370 a month which is still unheard of. That is with (1) speeding ticket 4 years ago and that is it. I am switching over to USAA this month and will pay 50% less. That is of course w/ USAA is a strong military supporter so It will be much better for me as a Marine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
jus got done dealing with allstate...never again...nex time my insurance company can deal with them

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RuggedRam said:
I have been w/ allstate for about 2 and half years but when I got my new 06 ram my payments were un heard of. I mean they were just outragious. I was 20 when I purchased my truck and my monthly payment was just over $500 a month, yes I said a month. When I turned 21 they finally dropped down to $370 a month which is still unheard of. That is with (1) speeding ticket 4 years ago and that is it. I am switching over to USAA this month and will pay 50% less. That is of course w/ USAA is a strong military supporter so It will be much better for me as a Marine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

WOW!
$500.00 a month is almost enough to just go ahead and bank the money and try to pay your way out of anything that goes wrong. Under $200 and your back down to earth but still hovering. Since you put your ass on the line for our country (thanks for that by the way) our government should be pitching in but I don't see that happening. If they did they would have you kickin' around town in a Prius (shudder) anyway.

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
I have Allstate and payments are about 200 a month. I'm 20 and have a couple speeding tickets but 0 points on my license. When some stupid B***h hit my truck while it was PARKED, Allstate did a great job of getting everything squared away for me. So far I am very pleased with their service.

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
RuggedRam said:

You can't go wrong with USAA, and you deffinitely can't beat their service. I've got my Ram full coverage, my Bronco stored coverage, and my ATV full coverage and only pay $135 a month for insurance on all 3. I'm only 22 myself.

Oh and Semper Fi! My old man was in the Corps for 24 yrs. :cool: :gr_patrio

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
For me, Allstate was great on response to claims, but I got screwed when they found me 85% at fault for someone rear-ending me.....so I switched to Progressive. If it weren't for that, I would have stuck with AllState. I'd LOVE $1051 a year!

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
bmgamble said:
For me, Allstate was great on response to claims, but I got screwed when they found me 85% at fault for someone rear-ending me.....so I switched to Progressive. If it weren't for that, I would have stuck with AllState. I'd LOVE $1051 a year!
How did they find you 85% at fault for a rear end?

·
Registered
994 Posts
no tickets, no accidents, good student discount (med student...about as safe as you can get), accident-free vehicle ("safer and more likely to protect"), and multi-line discount...

...23 year-old, unmarried male...

...it's not priceless...

$267/month on my 2000 1500 4x4.

Anyone have a daughter for sale? It might almost be cheaper to get married. Almost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thru allstate i pay 160 a month for an 04 QC 1500 and an 05 jeep liberty. No tickets or accidents.

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
eatsleepdrivesc said:
How did they find you 85% at fault for a rear end?
Long story....short version, I was in reverse and was stopped before and when she hit me. The fact that the report said "I was backing out" didn't help....which indiactes me in motion, which is a lie....and I didn't even get to write my own words.

Girl that hit me JUST got her license, wasn't paying attention, had a friend in the car that fled the scene and was also an allstate customer. I even had horizontal scratches across 3 feet of my rear bumper when she tried to go around me, but they believe the girl when she said she was stopped when she hit be. There is no way on earth they could find me at fault....but of course, they did. Plain and simple, I got shafted. Not sure if I can get this re-visited by an independent company/person or not.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have only ever dealt with Allstate with a claim against one of their drivers and they are a huge pain in the a$$! When I got a quote for my 06, they were among the highest quotes I got. Not impressed at all.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm in about the same boat with my '04, 24 years driving, no accidents... I pay $1500/yr ($125/mo) for full coverage on the Ram and the wife's 99 Grand Marquis. I've been an Allstate customer for years with no claims, so I can't speak about their service, only their billing department. If I ever do need to file a claim, it better be like "free pie and chips".

·
Ghost Hunter
1,366 Posts
I actually use progressive, its like $150 a month - Full Coverage!

·
I'm just saying...
135 Posts
USAA has some of the best rates. Even after I left the Marine Corps they still seem to beat everybody else. The only thing that kills us is my wife has a total on her license. 3 points drives her up to over 700 for six months. We pay about 200 per month for 03 4x4 QC and an 03 Grand Am. If you go to their website they even have been rated by JD Power as one of the best insurance companies for auto. Can't say I've ever had a problem with them. Truck loan, checking, savings, car and homeowners. Only downfall... no local banks in MN, but that's obvious, its a TX based bank.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
<-------- Allstate - Around 2k Year for 04 Ram, 98 GMC 4X4, 2005 Honda Accord, 96 Honda Accord, 02 Polaris 700, 455 Olds Jetboat & House....

Low Deducts and Full coverage on each.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had allstate for about 2 years with no claims or tickets. Full coverage on my 99 Dakota, my G/F's 00 Accourd and our house. Rates were okay no complaints until I purchased my 04 Quad Cab Ram I was paying like 192.00 a month for full coverage, which I though was on the high side but didn't feel like switching incurance companies since we have everything through the same one. Then my truck was stolen and recovered ($ 2900 in damage) couple months later my insurance bill comes in and it was at $ 237.00, I was like WTF. So I called the insurance company to find out why the increase, they said "because you have a theft claim". Needless to say I no longer have Allstate, and I pay alot less.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
waldershrek said:
I have only ever dealt with Allstate with a claim against one of their drivers and they are a huge pain in the a$$! When I got a quote for my 06, they were among the highest quotes I got. Not impressed at all.
I'm with you on that one too...they suck, did not impress me at all...

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Dskirtech said:
<-------- Allstate - Around 2k Year for 04 Ram, 98 GMC 4X4, 2005 Honda Accord, 96 Honda Accord, 02 Polaris 700, 455 Olds Jetboat & House....

Low Deducts and Full coverage on each.
:grum: That's nice! Hopefully in a couple of years my rates will go down since they re-evaluate my premium after 3 years after the accident.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.