DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and won't turn off. The wife said she was on her way home and everything just lit up like a Christmas tree... now it refuses to go off... the D starts up and drives but the headlights will not come on even though the dash based lights do when the headlight switch is turned on... I looked at the fuses but nothing is labeled...

ideas?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Has your recall on your cluster been done? mine does the opposite. everything goes dark

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no the G07 recall has not been done but it was planned very soon... I was going to see if they are open Saturday morning to take it in

·
Swamp Yankee
1,201 Posts
Unplug battery for 20mins, plug in again... See what you get

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
Unplug battery for 20mins, plug in again... See what you get

I did that with my c/k engine light. Let it sit over night with the battery disconnected. My c/k engine light stayed out for a day. I did that 4 times, then the clock didn't work(didn't let me adjust the minuets). But had it fixed. The clock works now too!!!!! Did the 4x4 light come on?? Like mine, isn't yours a 4x2???

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
mine is 4x2... and just unplugged the (new) battery... so in 20-30 minutes when I get off work I will hook it back up to see what it does

edit: put the neg back on the battery and the lights all went back to normal behavior... but now it is starting the stumble/stall thing again like the last time the battery went dead/ was unhooked. I made an appointment with the dealership for the recall, hopefully they can have it done today (otherwise it will have to wait until next week) and I will also mention to have then check the EGR valve as some have mentioned that fixed their stumble/stall problem.

I will keep everyone informed.

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
mine is 4x2... and just unplugged the (new) battery... so in 20-30 minutes when I get off work I will hook it back up to see what it does

edit: put the neg back on the battery and the lights all went back to normal behavior... but now it is starting the stumble/stall thing again like the last time the battery went dead/ was unhooked. I made an appointment with the dealership for the recall, hopefully they can have it done today (otherwise it will have to wait until next week) and I will also mention to have then check the EGR valve as some have mentioned that fixed their stumble/stall problem.

I will keep everyone informed.
Just had the EGR valve done in December. Took and hour and $250 bucks. I think you can get the EGR valve for 75 bucks, and do it yourself. I was going to do that until they told there was a $60 testing fee if you didn't have them fix it, and that it was on the back of the engine block and tucked under it pretty well. Maybe yours would be differant because you have the 4.7. It made a huge differance with the new one. It almost felt like a new D. Good Luck!!!!!!

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks D+KJ... I will check my Haynes manual (which I just found) to see if the 4.7 is any different and/or easily replaced...

So far the wife said it stalled once Saturday when she stopped at a light, and it has been stumbling a little bit which only happens when we run the 10% ethanol which they recently added to most of the gas stations here. The stumbling disappears when we go back to the non-ethanol regular.... but the stalling seems to be unrelated...

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Hmm I run 10% ethanol blended 90% of the time heh... the only time I don't use it is when the Husky gas stations are closed and/or I need fuel bad.. or another "brand" is significantly cheaper and I know it's still "good" gas.

I get no stumbling...

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right, I believe the 5.7s were setup with the premium components that can handle the ethanol better... versus those of us with the stock 4.7 have pretty much the same engine ranging back at least 5-10 years, before Ethanol became all the rage.
some people drive their D hard enough that they do not notice the stumbling, or they have enough mods to their engine that it doesn't matter...

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the G07 recall done today so we will see if that helps... only had 2 other stall events, very minor...

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the link... with my long arms and big hands, I should be able to replace that myself...

also they said the transmission fluid was extremely dirty... and the information I saw said it only needs to be done every 100,000 miles but I assumed that is because of the long life transmissions they have nowadays... the dealership wants $200 for a flush, one local shop wants $350, 2 other places including a well trusted transmission shop (excellent marks with BBB and local/state business awards) said there is no need for a flush through those machines, just a drain and refill (plus filter(s)) and they are asking around $110. Maybe I will make a separate thread for this...

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
thanks for the link... with my long arms and big hands, I should be able to replace that myself...

also they said the transmission fluid was extremely dirty... and the information I saw said it only needs to be done every 100,000 miles but I assumed that is because of the long life transmissions they have nowadays... the dealership wants $200 for a flush, one local shop wants $350, 2 other places including a well trusted transmission shop (excellent marks with BBB and local/state business awards) said there is no need for a flush through those machines, just a drain and refill (plus filter(s)) and they are asking around $110. Maybe I will make a separate thread for this...
Yeah, they gave me same runaround. Diff, tranny, throttle body. I told them I'm on a tight budget and all I want is the check engine off. They must read from a script. In the mean time, I listened to an 09 Ram with a HEMI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.