DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting a set of the alcoa 22.5's wheels for my 04' ram3500 CTD 600 dually. Whats everyones opinion on them as far as yay's and nay's? What have you heard about them good and bad. Thanks for the input...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I don't know of anyone with them... but I've seen a few pix with them on there and they look really good.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
I think they look OK, but wouldn't waste the money on them. I too have only seen pics, and they are usualy monster liffted rams with street tires too :crazy:

·
Registered
73 Posts
do it!.. even 19.5's would look sweet.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd say go for it. Those lifted dually's with the 22's look bad ass :rck:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Deke said:
I'd say go for it. Those lifted dually's with the 22's look bad ass :rck:
They do look good...just hope you have some realllllly deep pockets.
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
That truck has too much going on for me.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
he needs to drop the fender flares , brush guard and wide mirrors

·
Registered
23 Posts
what a great looking rig!
I've got a stock 2500 and love it, but you've really taken the look to a whole new level.

Just curious, about how much do you have in that beast, and where did you get those wrap around wheel well covers, those things that protect it from rock chips etc?

thanks,

anthony

·
Registered
418 Posts
gsbrockman said:
They do look good...just hope you have some realllllly deep pockets.
Greg

somebody should have just went and bought a Peterbuilt, the only down side I can think of running 22.5 on a pickup is the tires would be 16ply and wouldnt ride the best but should last forever

·
Registered
419 Posts
Somebody wanted a truck :D That Truck does look bad ass except it has to much chrome going on, well at least for me it does. I would take off those window gaurds, the bug deflector, and maybe make the push bar all black. But it still looks pretty sweet like that anyway. A Peterbilt might be too expensive, but for the price of a brand new quad cab cummins dually, plus all of those addons you could have a gotten a used Freightliner.

·
Registered
229 Posts
A guy in my town has a 05 Dually with 19.5's and some Goodyear M/T tires on it.. the wheels and tires were $5500. (I have no clue on the brand of the wheels)

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I love the 22.5's

I think 22.5's, stacks in the bed, and nothing else done to them makes the dually's look so bad

in fact it's my dream truck

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I think it's just too much! I'd never waste my money on those wheels! Just think how fast your truck would be if you spent all that $$$ on performance mods!!! :rck:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
what good is fast if you park in a dealership and people mistake your truck as a new one for sale? lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
That thing is SWEET. I'm w/ everyone else that says he should drop the fender flares...shoulda went chrome on that too. The brush guard is a little too much too....woulda been cooler w/ just a chrome bug deflector and maybe a simple bull bar. You know how they say that no idea is original cuz someone else will come up w/ or already has....i thought up the idea to do the stacks out from the sides, up along the bed/box split about 2 years ago....My version leveled off at the cab tho..didn't go any higher. Whats everybodys opinion on a black SRW CTD w/ stacks like that in black chrome instead? The 22.5's fit that truck pretty well...i wouldn't get em tho.....but i guess some ppl like their CTD's for different reasons, towing, street, and off road. I'm the off-road type.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.