DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be getting a new alarm soon because the stock alarm just sucks... Balls, Little fat kids or maybe even an Elephant can bump my van and it wont make a sound, the panic button works pretty good to scare the little brats away its pretty funny to see them run but i dont have all day to watch for them.

heres my question... What would be a good alarm that has adjustable sensitivity, a 2-way responder transceiver and the ability to have other functions programmed to the remote?

I have a 2002 GC Sport its a wheelchair conversion, so I need the remote to have a button programmed to raise and lower the ramp. The remote now has it programmed to work with the button set for the passenger side power sliding door, when pressed the door opens then the ramp comes down then when pressed again ramp up door shuts.. it an important function..

if any1 has alarm info that would be cool..

thanx,
Richard

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
you should go with some sort of DEI product.. Viper, Python, Hornet, etc. theres quite a few of them.. but you'd have to talk to an electronics place and see what they could do about the wheelchair setup.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Yep any DEI, Prestige, or Code alarm. They are all good alarms. Most of them have multiple buttons to control different things. I still had the option to roll the windows up & down but didn't do it, so i'm sure it could be programmed for the ramp.
Just make sure you have someone that knows what they're doing. An alarm is only as good as the install.
Check out www.the12volt.com It's a forum for mobile electronics and these guys know their stuff!! Alot of them are professional installers so i'm sure someone there would be able to answer any questions you have

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
How much do you want to spend would be my first question. What are all the options you would like for the unit to have? I see you want shock sensor, and an aux output to open and close a door along with a ramp. Is that all you are looking for or would you like to have windows up/down, remote start, etc. ? :D

Let me know all the options that you want and I could point you in the right direction. :IDEA:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont really want to go over $600.. I wanted to have keyless entry, a backup battery and the other options i talked about in my first post.. I've been looking at the Viper 791XV but is there a another DEI alarm that is just as good.

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
There are a couple of good ones out there that have all the bells and whistles. Look into the Audiovox 996. Here is the link to the product description but trust me it does more then that.Audivox APS996 :D Autopage also makes a couple of good units. The biggest thing in getting an alarm is finding a GOOD installer, because if he is good, your experience with your alarm will be a pleasant one. ;) Where do you live?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.