DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently , completed a big4 upgrade .
Which means the battery was disconnected for a few hours .
But after completing the job , my alarm won't arm and the entertainment equipment will not turn on. I've reviewed possible submitting a code , but there have been no requests to input a code on either the dash or radios led readouts. And I don't have a clue as to what the code would be , I remember Honda and Acura go through a process of recodeing to reactivate there equipment , whAt an assinine process , dink engineers.
So , I need help on this no alarm no radio situation thank you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
What is a big4 upgrade and does it require installing aftermarket wiring? Is the alarm and the entertainment equipment OE or aftermarket? You might be able to restore the other stuff by uninstalling that big4 upgrade. Put the vehicle back in stock form and see if you regain function. For now, you should find and check fuses related to the parts that are no longer working after the upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes all fuses , relays ,grounds , possible shorts , have been explored , examined and verified . All is good , except the radio will not turn on , ,,, oh and the alarm does arm now , outta the blue , all on its own , the alarm does arm now . No explanation for that wizardry.
Anyways , radio still inop . Yeah so those jap cars have got this ridiculous way of irritating the hell out of the owners of Honda , Acura brand vehicles . They have a security code for the radio , when power is disconnected from PCU , ECM etc., Now why do you think they would do that to good people who buy their rinky dink vehicles.
So, I guess Dodge now does the same thing with their vehicles , asinine engineers. Not a good idea.
And I take it that this is the problem I have with my radio , and entertainment sys. , Because that's the only thing it could be . Thank you very much , .
Oh ,and the big4 upgrade , is an upgrade , meaning it makes something that was borderline functional much much better. OEM.. Remember , what they are selling you . Something that stands far above the rest , no . It's something that just passes the bottom line .

·
Registered
593 Posts
Oh ,and the big4 upgrade , is an upgrade , meaning it makes something that was borderline functional much much better. OEM.. Remember , what they are selling you . Something that stands far above the rest , no . It's something that just passes the bottom line .
Your IQ and attitude could use an upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your IQ and attitude could use an upgrade.
Well , my friends about i.q. , really let's put our demographics on the table . No problem , I'm a male Caucasian middle class , and my fricken attitude needs to be turned up , amplified , cranked up a bit don't you think , I do , been a participant in this passive state far too long . Anyways I'm done thank you for the advice and recommended reading list .

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well , my friends about i.q. , really let's put our demographics on the table . No problem , I'm a male Caucasian middle class , and my fricken attitude needs to be turned up , amplified , cranked up a bit don't you think , I do , been a participant in this passive state far too long . Anyways I'm done thank you for the advice and recommended reading list .
Demographics do not represent your IQ. Your behavior has been more representative of your IQ and it dictates, so far, that if you do represent the Caucasion middle class, the Caucasion middle class is fucked in the head. In reality, the problem here is you and you alone.

Your first failure is in communication. You come to this forum looking for help in solving a problem. You provide no information as to what you're actually working on. Those of us willing to help can dare to assume it's an 01-07 Dodge/Chrysler minivan. But even that requires more precise identification. You instead go on a tangent about how Honda/Acura radios require a pass code. Now there's viable reason to think you've put out a help request in the wrong forum entirely. In spite of this, you've accidentally provided enough information for me to dare another assumption. The mysterious big 4 upgrade might be an electronic aftermarket accessory as everything else was functionally fine until you installed it. I can and do communicate viable problems that commonly occur with aftermarket accessory installations. But you communicate vaguely that the big 4 upgrade is something that makes the Honda Grand Caravan better. It's funny considering your so called upgrade has left you in an internet forum trying to figure out why it's not better. I'm one of those assholes that likes to point out spelling and grammatical errors. You brought too many to nitpick and that brings me to my next point.

Your IQ and attitude really does need an upgrade. I'd nitpick those spelling and grammatical errors because they matter. It's another failure in your communication. You destroy context and hinder the very help you're looking for because it leaves me looking for an English to English translation of your full paragraph typos to turn them into rational sentences. But you're too content to remain stupid in favor of getting off point and being verbose about it in an attempt to appear intelligent instead. It shows in the fact that you refuse to define what the big 4 upgrade is. That also matters in relation to helping you diagnose your Acura Town & Country from my PC. As far as I know, the big 4 upgrade means you wiped off the glass on the rear hatch and added a fourth stick figure decal to your little stick figure family and somehow knocked out your radio and alarm for it. People like you always find a way to make something so absurdly impossible like that become easy realities.

Now let me detail some of the points in how & why you're stupid. Honda's radio code resets have nothing to do with Dodge/Chrysler radios from 01-07. Factory Mopar minivan radios have always been plug and play devices. Even in Caravans as new as 2014, I've swapped OE base radios with OE upper level radios with navigation, DVD, on board MP3 storage, etc... and they're still entirely plug and play devices. I have never had to reflash, reprogram, or reset codes to get them to work interhchangeably. The Honda/Acura radios never needed to be a part of the conversation. On that note, the Honda engineers have asked me to inform you they didn't design or build Dodge/Chrysler radios. Ever.

You opted not to tell anybody precisely what you're working on. Even within the 01-07 generation, there are always revisions in how it's built from year to year. That, in turn, might very well affect the advice somebody needs to give you. You might as well have started and ended your help request like this: "My car is broke. What's wrong with it?" Then you don't define the upgrade. There are two basic truths about those so called upgrades. They're almost always junk that lasts a year at most and the only thing worse than the upgrade is the hack that's installed it. It's consistently reliable that the hack (You) will find a way to cause glitches, blown fuses, or outright smoking, burning, hot destruction of other OE electronic devices that were working just fine before they (You) installed the big 4 upgrade. Even if this, miraculously, isn't the case, I still need to know what the big 4 upgrade is. Had you told me that, I might have been inclined to continue being helpful and search Google for installation instructions. Then I could help pinpoint what you did wrong in your installation and give you faith that you're an intelligent, Caucasian, middle class, male that made a mistake. Now you've solidified that you're a Caucasian first class idiot making the rest of us intelligent Caucasians look like you. That's no upgrade for the rest of us. Is the big 4 upgrade a new set of tires? This is a viable question. There's a harness that can peek out in the driver's front wheel well that might have gotten damaged as a result of your big upgraded tires. Maybe I'm lying. Maybe it's true, but now you don't know if I'm talking about a Honda Caravan, an Acura Town & Country, or a Dodge Grand Odyssey SXT. You figure it out.

When I made test recommendations, you said you've tested and verified everything. No, you haven't. If you had, this would be diagsnosed, you'd have never had to post a question, and we wouldn't be here with your attitude agitating my attitude.

I'm also done with trying to help you diagnose your vehicle. This is the only chance I'm giving you at helping you help yourself be less of an idiot and more of an actual grown up. Read between the insults in my writing and think about everything you could have done better. Otherwise, you've left me no choice but to hope there really is a Hell. If there is a Hell, I know that's where I'll be going eventually and I know damn well you're coming with me. Once we get there, I'm picking this conversation up with you all over again. I don't care if Satan himself is busy shoving pine cones straight up my ass. I'll damn sure have the resolve to be shoving an entire pine tree straight up your ass at the same time. I'll have eternity to make it happen. You've earned and deserve this hatred. Try and grow up for the sake of others who might be kind enough to give you their time and knowledge for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Demographics do not represent your IQ. Your behavior has been more representative of your IQ and it dictates, so far, that if you do represent the Caucasion middle class, the Caucasion middle class is fucked in the head. In reality, the problem here is you and you alone.

Your first failure is in communication. You come to this forum looking for help in solving a problem. You provide no information as to what you're actually working on. Those of us willing to help can dare to assume it's an 01-07 Dodge/Chrysler minivan. But even that requires more precise identification. You instead go on a tangent about how Honda/Acura radios require a pass code. Now there's viable reason to think you've put out a help request in the wrong forum entirely. In spite of this, you've accidentally provided enough information for me to dare another assumption. The mysterious big 4 upgrade might be an electronic aftermarket accessory as everything else was functionally fine until you installed it. I can and do communicate viable problems that commonly occur with aftermarket accessory installations. But you communicate vaguely that the big 4 upgrade is something that makes the Honda Grand Caravan better. It's funny considering your so called upgrade has left you in an internet forum trying to figure out why it's not better. I'm one of those assholes that likes to point out spelling and grammatical errors. You brought too many to nitpick and that brings me to my next point.

Your IQ and attitude really does need an upgrade. I'd nitpick those spelling and grammatical errors because they matter. It's another failure in your communication. You destroy context and hinder the very help you're looking for because it leaves me looking for an English to English translation of your full paragraph typos to turn them into rational sentences. But you're too content to remain stupid in favor of getting off point and being verbose about it in an attempt to appear intelligent instead. It shows in the fact that you refuse to define what the big 4 upgrade is. That also matters in relation to helping you diagnose your Acura Town & Country from my PC. As far as I know, the big 4 upgrade means you wiped off the glass on the rear hatch and added a fourth stick figure decal to your little stick figure family and somehow knocked out your radio and alarm for it. People like you always find a way to make something so absurdly impossible like that become easy realities.

Now let me detail some of the points in how & why you're stupid. Honda's radio code resets have nothing to do with Dodge/Chrysler radios from 01-07. Factory Mopar minivan radios have always been plug and play devices. Even in Caravans as new as 2014, I've swapped OE base radios with OE upper level radios with navigation, DVD, on board MP3 storage, etc... and they're still entirely plug and play devices. I have never had to reflash, reprogram, or reset codes to get them to work interhchangeably. The Honda/Acura radios never needed to be a part of the conversation. On that note, the Honda engineers have asked me to inform you they didn't design or build Dodge/Chrysler radios. Ever.

You opted not to tell anybody precisely what you're working on. Even within the 01-07 generation, there are always revisions in how it's built from year to year. That, in turn, might very well affect the advice somebody needs to give you. You might as well have started and ended your help request like this: "My car is broke. What's wrong with it?" Then you don't define the upgrade. There are two basic truths about those so called upgrades. They're almost always junk that lasts a year at most and the only thing worse than the upgrade is the hack that's installed it. It's consistently reliable that the hack (You) will find a way to cause glitches, blown fuses, or outright smoking, burning, hot destruction of other OE electronic devices that were working just fine before they (You) installed the big 4 upgrade. Even if this, miraculously, isn't the case, I still need to know what the big 4 upgrade is. Had you told me that, I might have been inclined to continue being helpful and search Google for installation instructions. Then I could help pinpoint what you did wrong in your installation and give you faith that you're an intelligent, Caucasian, middle class, male that made a mistake. Now you've solidified that you're a Caucasian first class idiot making the rest of us intelligent Caucasians look like you. That's no upgrade for the rest of us. Is the big 4 upgrade a new set of tires? This is a viable question. There's a harness that can peek out in the driver's front wheel well that might have gotten damaged as a result of your big upgraded tires. Maybe I'm lying. Maybe it's true, but now you don't know if I'm talking about a Honda Caravan, an Acura Town & Country, or a Dodge Grand Odyssey SXT. You figure it out.

When I made test recommendations, you said you've tested and verified everything. No, you haven't. If you had, this would be diagsnosed, you'd have never had to post a question, and we wouldn't be here with your attitude agitating my attitude.

I'm also done with trying to help you diagnose your vehicle. This is the only chance I'm giving you at helping you help yourself be less of an idiot and more of an actual grown up. Read between the insults in my writing and think about everything you could have done better. Otherwise, you've left me no choice but to hope there really is a Hell. If there is a Hell, I know that's where I'll be going eventually and I know damn well you're coming with me. Once we get there, I'm picking this conversation up with you all over again. I don't care if Satan himself is busy shoving pine cones straight up my ass. I'll damn sure have the resolve to be shoving an entire pine tree straight up your ass at the same time. I'll have eternity to make it happen. You've earned and deserve this hatred. Try and grow up for the sake of others who might be kind enough to give you their time and knowledge for free.

Bravo my friend , no hatred necessary. First ,
My vehicle is a
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT v6 3.8L 12 valve
Am I in the right forum?
Well. The big4 upgrade is similar to the big3 or the big5 upgrades. They are concerned about grounding straps .1) grounding straps from altenator to negative side battery. 2) grounding straps from negative side battery to chassis. 3) grounding strap from engine to chassis 4)00' cable size from positive side battery to altenator.
All straps and cables are 00' size wire .
The reason for a high output altenator at 320:amps.
Everything is running great , no problems .
It seems there is a code for certain model radios installed in this vehicle. Apparently only the dealer managers have access to this info , from what I'm told .
As far as honda.acura.engineers.spelling.grammer.context.verbose.nitpick.plugnplay.satan.pinecones.ass.hell.shoveing.idiot.attitude.intelligence.demographics.agitate.absurd.caucasians.hatred.lying.big4.eternity. I don't know what to really say but do you wear hats ? Maybe check your hat size lately . On alittle tight.? May be take a day off . No no no .I will see you in hell.
But behavior is not it , I believe behavior is what can be observed , and you haven't , so try again
Maybe no demographics , let's just say IQ is completely and entirely depends upon Race . I just wanted to make that perfectly clear , look it up. Most won't converse about it but that's the way it is . Have a bright and shiny day .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts