DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting an Alarm/Keyless entry system on my truck soon. Does anyone know of any good brands out there? I have been searching and haven't been able to find any good ones. I am looking for an alarm system that will not arm it's self. That way when I'm working on my truck it won't go off.
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i just bought a prestige alarm with a remote start option around Christmas time and im completely happy with it....although the backup remote works better than the main remote....

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
There are a couple of good companies out there. Currently, DEI is the most popular, ie. viper, python, hornet, rattler, sidewinder, along with clifford and avital which they acquired in a sale the early part of this decade.

Prestige by audiovox and code alarm (also owned by audiovox) are another set of good companies.

Autopage makes some really good product from what I have heard through very reputable friends, I however, have yet to use their product.

As for arming itself, 99.99% of the alarms out there have the option for active or passive arming. Active arming means that you must arm the car in order for it to work. Passive is just the opposite, whereas, typically, after 30 seconds of the last door to close once the vehicle is off, it arms automatically. These can be adjusted at any time. ;)

The key is to look for an established company don't go with the day of the day online, because that company may not be around tomorrow. The companies I described above have been around for a while. :IDEA:

If you are uncomfortable with the install, find a good shop to install it for you. Some alarm combos warranties will only be honored if installed by a dealer. Keep that in mind and don't be afraid to ask questions. :help:

Hope this helps out.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys that helps a lot. Thanks for explaining how the options work. I'm going to look for those alarms now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.