DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight I installed my air ram intake on my 05 2500 hd. I have to say the install was one of the easiest installations I have ever done. Before you take off the hemi hat it doesn look like it will fit at all but I have to say it fits perfectly.
As far as the looks go it really makes a big statement in the engine compartment. I like the industrial look to it. Nothing fancy just all business.
The next thing I noticed is the sound. It is absolutely amazing. When you accelerate it has the deepest roar I have ever heard from an intake. The sound alone makes it worth the money. All those people who say cone filters sound like a vacuum cleaner are insane.
AS far as performance it seems as though there is more throttle response and the low end power delay is gone but it is still too soon to really tell anything else. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Congrats...You just bought the best intake made for the HEMI. If I dont buy a supercharger before next winter, I will buy an AIR RAM intake for myself as well. Glad to hear you like it.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

Now buy the power wire and JetStream dustpan if you haven't already . . .

·
RPM
168 Posts
I bought my Air_Ram several months ago, but didn't put it on until today. I don't have a great place to work on the truck and my tools aren't the best either, (I couldn't find my 7/16" socket, for example) but even so, the install took maybe 40 minutes, tops. (If I could have found that dad-blamed 7/16" socket, it would have taken only 20 minutes! Removing air box nuts with pliers is a SLOW process.)

I have yet not jumped on it from a dead stop, so I don't know if I can light them up. (The truck would never do it before, no matter what technique I tried.) However, I have driven the truck a few miles with the intake installed. Under normal, part-throttle city driving I noticed improved throttle response and no difference in the sound. But when you stomp on the loud pedal...OH MY! The sound from the intake is the loudest, throatiest, most powerful-sounding roar I have ever heard from any V-8. Other than the improved throttle response, I couldn't make any performance judgements via the Butt Dyno because there was too much traffic.

I have a baseline chassis dyno run from several months ago that netted 279 RWHP and 321 lb./ft. of torque. I'll go there again soon and run another one for comparison.

·
Lovin that CTD!!!!!
345 Posts
I bougth my AIRRAM about 8 months ago and I LOVE IT. It has been by far the best mod that I have done to my truck. I thought about the POWER WIRE and JET STREAM but opted not to buy. I am wondering is there someone who has gone with the intake only then added the dust pan and wire. If so did they notice a difference with them???

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
04 Silver Bulle said:
I bougth my AIRRAM about 8 months ago and I LOVE IT. It has been by far the best mod that I have done to my truck. I thought about the POWER WIRE and JET STREAM but opted not to buy. I am wondering is there someone who has gone with the intake only then added the dust pan and wire. If so did they notice a difference with them???

I have been wondering that as well. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day. The air ram will be tested. I just can't get over the difference from cruising to speeding. It really turns heads. My girlfriend thought I put an exhaust on the truck that is how loud it gets

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
I'm getting my powerwire maybe Tuesday. I'll let you know. Chefred that already has it told me it made him piss his pants.:D

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
haha...sshhhh Kappa..did you hav to tell...lol the powerwire with our (we did Kappas CAI too) custom CAI (i drilled 3 1" holes in the stock Box to go along with our custom 4" piping) gave the biggest smile since my last Or....

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
chefred112 said:
haha...sshhhh Kappa..did you hav to tell...lol the powerwire with our (we did Kappas CAI too) custom CAI (i drilled 3 1" holes in the stock Box to go along with our custom 4" piping) gave the biggest smile since my last Or....
you drilled holes in the airbox? i thought you were going to sawzaw the whole bottom half like i did. hahha btw. you're suppose to be S.N.A.T.C.H. General not Vice president.. the former General cried like a pansy when we went to war. and you're # is 3 not 9. :D

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
heehee... Yea John... I'm testin the hole thing first before I go "bottomless"...lol

·
ABRam
102 Posts
holes

Is it any louder with the holes in the air box? Did you drill them along the engine side, fender side, bottom, or front? Does it sound better is all I am wondering? THanks

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
I drilled 1 1" hole next to the "snorkel" and 2 1" holes in the bottom. It ROARS now when you stomp on it.... I love it... normal driving you cant tell... Kappa gave me the idea...but he sawed off the whole bottom...

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
I sure did biyooooootch! :D ;D

You are gonna love the Powerwire... I still love it.. makes one HELL of a difference Kappa. and Im not so sure about drilling holes in the air box... Thats allot of uncleaned air being allowed into the intake.... Hmmmmmm

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
The holes are before the filter...and just by judgin how it roars, the stock box doesn't allow enough air in...it's a big difference in how it pulls now than b4...at least my butt tells me so...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...an it really is no different than the way all the K&N type Cone filters work..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.