DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Airraid modular intake tube installation instructions state to cover the nipple that is for the crankcase breather hose! They supply a rubber cap for this. This, according to the directions applies ONLY to the 2004 5.7 Hemi. If you have a 2003 you are supposed to hook the hose back on with an adapter they provide. Does that make sense? Further, it does not say what to do with the hose that would be just lying there. Any comment on why they do this? Would'nt the oil get hot & nasty much quicker?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
On the 2003 Hemi the crankcase breather tube connects too the "Hemi Box" that the MIT replaces. On 2004s the crankcase breather tube connects to the OEM airbox(I believe, I have a '03) so you don't have to worry about connecting it to the MIT and therefore can cap off the little nipple thing.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
Jimmy TJ said:
On the 2003 Hemi the crankcase breather tube connects too the "Hemi Box" that the MIT replaces. On 2004s the crankcase breather tube connects to the OEM airbox(I believe, I have a '03) so you don't have to worry about connecting it to the MIT and therefore can cap off the little nipple thing.
Good word Jimmy Dean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.