DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Volant intake on my bros Mega a little over a year ago. Seems that for some reason the airfilter just wants to keep collapsing on it. We take it off, "pop it" back into shape, and it does it again. Not sure how long before it does, as we have not been watching it every day.

Does this diesel suck so much air that this filter can't handle it? The truck has no boxes or anything on it. Just a stock Cummins with and intake.

I have to contact Volant, and see just what they have say about this.

Anyone heard of this happening, with any make filter even?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I believe there only a handful of after market filters that are certified for the diesel engine; and yes, it’s because of the very high volume of air that a diesel engine pulls into the cylinders. I would put a Dodge air cleaner back in the truck before the Volant comes apart and is sucked into the turbo. That would be real cool too see but you would be very happy it wasn’t your truck! - $$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is some crap, isn't it....damn thing is "supposed" to be made for a diesel engine.

Lets see just what Volant has to say about this. That is if they ever return my email.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Jer said:
That is some crap, isn't it....damn thing is "supposed" to be made for a diesel engine.

Lets see just what Volant has to say about this. That is if they ever return my email.

Why do you think the filter is falling in on itself? It can not handle the air volume. A diesel engine pulls 15 to 20 times the air of a gas engine. If you want to play around with the air cleaner … well, have funny with the repair bill.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dmcelhannon said:
Why do you think the filter is falling in on itself? It can not handle the air volume. A diesel engine pulls 15 to 20 times the air of a gas engine. If you want to play around with the air cleaner … well, have funny with the repair bill.
So I guess you are saying the AFE Pro Guard 7 is just a POS? I looked around here and see others using this same filter.

Volant wants pics of it, and I will send them some as soon as I take them. I say this is just a crappy filter from the "batch".

Also, would you care to explain where you get 15-20 times the amount of air?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I think you just got a bad filter. I have seen this happen before but it is usually with a stock filter. I have had no problems with my Airaid system....

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Got Diesel? said:
I think you just got a bad filter. I have seen this happen before but it is usually with a stock filter. I have had no problems with my Airaid system....

Does your airraid require oiling?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.