DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Christopher
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have problems with the airbag light coming on? The last couple of days, mine has been coming on for a few minutes, then it goes back out again, then a few minutes later, it comes back on. The on/off pattern is not consistent in terms of time between events, but it's pretty steady.

It does this whether the seat is empty or if I have an adult passenger.

Any ideas?

Thanks -

Christopher

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sounds like a crash sensor is faulting. Have your data port scanned for code(s), there should be at least one code stored. This should give you some ideas.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
same thing happens on my jeep commander, i'll just let the dealership know next time i get the maintenence

·
Christopher
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Airbag light coming on - Resolved.

The problem has been resolved under warranty. There's a "clock spring" in the steering column that is used for steering wheel controls. The spring was shorted out.

Christopher

·
Registered
852 Posts
If it happens again, run it into a tree and make sure the airbags work....lol.. J/K....

·
Registered
228 Posts
christophercale said:
Anybody have problems with the airbag light coming on? The last couple of days, mine has been coming on for a few minutes, then it goes back out again, then a few minutes later, it comes back on. The on/off pattern is not consistent in terms of time between events, but it's pretty steady.

It does this whether the seat is empty or if I have an adult passenger.

Any ideas?

Thanks -

Christopher
Does it 'beep' along with the light being on?

Normally, I wouldn't notice it cuz it came on so quickly a couple times. But when I'm driving and all of a sudden I hear a beep for about 2 seconds....look down and see the airbag light on.

Question for you guys.....
If I take my truck to Autozone/pepboys or whatever to have the codes pulled - will the codes STAY within the computer?? Or do they get erased?

I'd like to get them pulled myself and do some research - but I also want to 'leave it alone' for the dealer to figure out (still under warrantee).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.