DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First installed was an Aero Turbine 3030XL muffler. I then had a Magnaflow Y-Pipe installed. Now to to compliment those two mods, I installed an Airaid MIT. I relocated the IAT sensor to a cooler area and added an Amsoil EaO Air Filter.

I used a rubber grommet for the IAT. I found the grommet at Home Depot in their electrical section. I drilled a hole at the top of the stock box. I placed the grommet and the sensor there. I used AIR_RAM's IAT extension wire.

I had an extra sensor laying around and used it to plug the original IAT location on the MIT.

The truck is running strong. Was out with the wife today and she said throttle response was much better. She also said the sound of the truck was great before, but now it changed for the better. I agree. :)

A couple of pics attached. Enjoy!

Sil

Attachments

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
Another sweet mod Sil :tup:

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
That looks great Sil, I like how you relocated the IAT sensor, that alone will help in itself. I take it the Amsoil filter is a high flow like k&n? :tup:

·
HEMI...Enough Said!
406 Posts
And thanks to ken to!! He hooked me up with the filter. And Sil found me a GREAT deal on the AirAid!! Thanks Sal!

·
Perfection is tolerated.
1,146 Posts
I used a rubber grommet for the IAT. I found the grommet at Home Depot in their electrical section. I drilled a hole at the top of the stock box. I placed the grommet and the sensor there. I used AIR_RAM's IAT extension wire.

I had an extra sensor laying around and used it to plug the original IAT location on the MIT.

Sil
What is the real benefit of this location compared to the one on the MIT itself?

Can you just plug off the IAT location on the MIT or would I need an extra sensor also?

I have to get some extension wire first and I think I'll try this too if your results have been positive.

Thanks!

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is the real benefit of this location compared to the one on the MIT itself?

Can you just plug off the IAT location on the MIT or would I need an extra sensor also?

I have to get some extension wire first and I think I'll try this too if your results have been positive.

Thanks!
The quote below is by a long time Dodge Dyno Tech who use to post here. I think this is more of a throttle response mod. I like the way my truck drives with the IAT in that location. :)

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=993705&highlight=dealer+scan+tool

What I noticed on my Hemi is that the stock Hemi hat/resonator gets considerably heat soaked in stop and go traffic. When I was viewing the inlet air temperature (IAT) sensor reading on a engineering or dealer scan tool the stock Hemi hat IAT sensor location took considerably longer to cool off once you got moving again where as the location about 2" from the entrance to the air cleaner box cooled off almost immediately once you started moving again. This is a small but definite advantage IMO.

You probably could just plug it off. You'd have to find a plug that would fit. If you do, let me know. The extension wire I picked up from AIR_RAM.

Sil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.