1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
They are ok, I personally would go with bags. but being 4x4, I donno

·
Registered
601 Posts
You"ll hate them!!! Air shocks make any car or truck ride like a PickleWagon!!
You'll feel ever bump in the road..Not to mention if you loose air in one or both ...Your screwed!!!
I'd go with good & stout Helper Spring like this they will last you a lifetime & only come into play when needed

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Another option are Timbren overload springs. I've got them on my Ram 2500 and they work great when loading down with a gooseneck. Shop around and you can get them for around $150 with free shipping. They install in less than 30 minutes and they replace the bumper stops.

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
I've got Monroe air shocks on the back of my 79' W150 and are quite pleased with them. I normally run with about 70 psi in them, but when I have to go into town to pick up a pallet of chemicals (Too much weight for the worn-out Furd Ranger they gave me to drive at work) for the water treatment plant, I just pump them up to 130-150 psi and the truck rides level.
I've had them on there for two years now, and no probs. If you do go that route, Be careful about how you run your air lines (As in not against any sharp edges) and I would suggest putting that plastic wire loom stuff around them as added protection...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.