DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm so pumped. I bought my truck on May 12, first new vehicle, and I'm beside myself on starting the mods. :rck: :rck: :rck:

I hadta go with Nick's Air Ram + scoop combo.....I know I'm not even going to get close to winning one on his DTE thread :bawl:

I went with the Flowmaster 70 from JEGS ($119 shipped). Its the cheapest that I found it (shipping and all considered). My cheapest local muffler shop quote was $190 parts and labor. I'm sure I can do better than that. Hell, I have some welder buds that'll help me for a $16 case of Bud. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! :D

Guess I'll have to pass this K&N drop-in on to my big brother....he's got the 03 Hemi....2 years later, and a crazy wife driver, its still got cotton filter, and wife-induced backing-up-dings.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What did the Air-Ram run you?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for me.....$285 shipped.......for you.....$265 shipped......He's a Texas merchandiser, so I'm subject to the 8.25% Texas sales tax......in Utah, however, you will not be......go for it.....DO IT!!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What part # was the FM 70 series. I am going to purchase one and need to know. Single in/out 3"?

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FM 70, SI/SO, 3" Part # 53072. Jegs.com is the cheapest place I could find it. There is one on ebay, but its a few more dollars than Jegs after shipping and all is said and done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My air ram is on its way I have the flowmaster "hemi 50" series and it sounds incredible. I cant wait to get the air ram installed hopefully it will be in today.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
In fort worth I had my flowmaster 40 series dumped for $115 installed. Is the 70 series more expensive?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes....The Jegs has 40 series for about $40 cheaper than 70's. Other online stores and ebay does as well. The 70 series is 22" long, which may be a reason that its the most expensive of the regular flowmasters, i guess. My factory muffler is 26" long, though. It is a beast. I'm going to do some recordings of the stock and flowmaster when I do my install just to help out some of those people who need some proof of the sounds.....like i did.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Biting my finger tips off waiting on Air Ram. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I cannot wait.

·
Registered
302 Posts
kidafius....Love your enthusiasm! Do you have a UPS tracking number on the Air Ram? Sounds as if those guys are caught up now. Last time I logged on to their site and shopped, they had a backorder notice posted on the Air Ram.

I'll be curious to read your impressions of both the Air Ram and the Flow 70. Be sure and take that puppy out on the highway and run for awhile at 1700 to 2100 rpms and listen for in cab resonance, it should be minimal with the 70 series.

Congrats on your first mods!

Zach - hands of a surgeon, mind of a tractor

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No tracking number. I ordered on June 1st, I think. Nick emailed my June 2 and said that they are still working on orders on May 15th, so I guess it will be in the June 20's. I'm just-a sufferin here, that's all. Shoot, I haven't even made my first monthly payment, and I can't even stop myself from all this mod-madness. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear ya man... haven't made my first payment either and already I've;
- debadged
- hemi 50 flowmaster exhaust
- srt-10 hood
- fold-a-cover tonneu
- rhino lined
- kenwood x889 head unit
- kenwood music keg
- all new infinity speakers (went from 4 to 8 spkrs)
- srt-10 billet bezel around radio and A/C
- AIR RAM COMBO kit w/air scoop

just alittle busy but havin fun!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flowmaster 70 series installed today!!! Ordered Air Ram CAI on june 01, should be coming one of these days......But the Flow sounds sweet. I recorded a before and after inside cab, and next to exhaust tip for those of you looking for the sounds.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
what is the "hemi 50" seiris i was going to go with a the super 40 series but if there is one especially made for the hemi i might have to go with that one

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Horror of horrors, are you implying there is ANOTHER Dodge Forum? :hair:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.