DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just got my new wheels and tires and now I want a lift kit. But I would like something adjustable. What are my options if I want something with say maybe a 3-4" Lift that goes to 6"?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
for the rear its quite easy because its a solid axle suspended by leaf springs. for the front of your 1500 its hard because you have independent front suspension with torsion bar suspension. kelderman mfg is working on a front setup for the dodge, they already have one for the chevy. it replaces your torsion key i believe with an air bag set up, but i dont think its possible to actually drive down the road with it deflated or inflated at any other psi then it is set up with. in the link is the setup keldermanmfg.com has for the chevy. it really cuts down on ground clearance....if you dont need it its cool. but drastically adjusting your IFS torision bar setup 0-3 inches is something that needs an alignment. unless the system has some new technogoly that aligns the wheels as it lifts its almost all show and no go. on the other hand....their solid front axle dodge and ford lifts are awesome. definitely the way im going next.

http://www.keldermanmfg.com/productdetails.php?id=01GMLIFTCUSTOM

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
do a solid axle swap from a G2 ram. not sure how easy or hard it would be, but it would give you the solid front axle to do the airbags you want.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
RAJ said:
you could try to find a porkchop kit for the ram 1500, they have one out for the durango and dakotas, Chassic Tech

those are good and all, pretty inventive, but....you think you could drive with it at any other PSI then what it is set up at. we all know if you adjust your torsion bar that much you NEED an alignment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought with that Porkchop kit shown you would get rid of the torsion bars? I want a suspension lift that doesnt require me to crank on the torsion bars and isnt 6" up. I just dont like the looks of the body lifts either. I thought that maybe a airbag setup would allow me to get that 3-4" jacked look but then for letting the woman drive it around it wouldnt require a step ladder to get in.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
nope, air bag lift kits aren't selectable heighth

they just have two heighths, aired up, and aired out

so you have full height while driving, no lift while parked
also, don't be scared of body lifts, just opt for gap guards and you can't really tell it has a body lift

no one in person can believe it when I tell them I have a body lift

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.