DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend, I will be installing my new ypipe and cat on my 97 Ram 2500 5.9 since mine is pretty much shot at this point. I will be installing an electric cutout after the cat (and after the second 02 sensor) along with it, so I can get some loud exhaust when I want to, and keep it quiet at other times. The other day when I was under the hood I noticed that last time I went off roading and got some mud under the hood that the hat on my air intake must have a crack because I have a little dirt in the throttle body. I want to use a K&N cone filter that I have in the garage, and want to route my own custom intake. What I want to know is there a place I can buy the "hat" that goes on the Throttle body? I dont care what it is or where its from, but any info would be great. Thanks!

Jon

*EDIT* I have seen about using other normal "circular" air cleaners or the edelbrock pro form but my main worry is about sucking water through them, since the water would have a to get past a filter and then along some tubing to the tb compared just past the filter. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, I may see if I can get another hat from a Dakota like RAM_Man said and make my own air intake. I like the clean look of the open element though, so im really torn. I may just make the intake since I have the K&N filter, and I have been looking for a project to do lately. Chizzle I went through some deep water that day above the bumper, but I think I really think the mud up there was from my driveway. My driveway is about 950 feet long and after it rains the water pools up and I like to have fun getting the truck dirty :) Ill keep you updated though, Im getting the cutout today from a friend, so hopefully Saturday it will finally sound good, and not be sluggish off the line because of that damn cat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is what I am thinking. This weekend, I am going to take it all off and get a good look at it to see what I can do to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.