DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but did not come up with a final answer. If I use a narrow-band air/fuel gauge,have a bung welded with a singe wire o2 sensor, does the gauge still dance all over the place? Or does this make it more steady by adding the single wire o2 sensor? Thanks

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Yes...it will still bounce all over the place. The only way to get an accurate reading all the time is with a wideband 02 sensor. Any narrow band, no matter what sensor you use, will jump all over the place like you said.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
What Matt Said....

A narrow band O2 sensor is for show... plain and simple

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Not promoting the narrowband over the wideband, but you do get a reading on the narrowband when you have a constant throttle pressure applied. Is it as accurate? Most likely not. But I do get readings when I'm accelerating and not just at WOT as I had assumed.

Just to jump in.

What's up Peeps?!?!?! Yes, it is a Tuneboy siting!!!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
tuneboy said:
Not promoting the narrowband over the wideband, but you do get a reading on the narrowband when you have a constant throttle pressure applied. Is it as accurate? Most likely not. But I do get readings when I'm accelerating and not just at WOT as I had assumed.

Just to jump in.

What's up Peeps?!?!?! Yes, it is a Tuneboy siting!!!

SWEEEEEEEEET man, Whats been up bro?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Just hanging out staring at this 6.1 cam in my garage. BBQ season is over, so back to the truck I guess.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
BTW, I tell people that my AFR gauge is linked to the US Terror Alert system. It bounces all over from green to orange to red just like Home Land Security. One person said, "Cool!" They didn't get the joke.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I will just sell this narrow-band gauge and try to buy a wide band gauge! Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.