Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:
I'm having a problem in my 99 D with the switch that changes the air flow from A/C to heat to defrost. The air comes out of the defrost if you put it on A/C the air gets cool but still blows on the wind shield. Has anyone had this kind of problem before? :help:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just found this thread and I am having the exact same problem on my 98D.

I get cold [as in MAX A/C air] but it only comes out the floor and the defrost.

Summer is not even here yet and we are in the mid to upper 90 range. Gotta get this fixed but can't afford a lot of $ right now.

Did you ever get your problem resolved?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i have not had any help. I have removed the dash cover and looked for a loose wire or something. I found nothing. I talked with the dodge dealer and said the whole dash will have to come off to get to the box. If you get ant help please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
it seems that the hvac systems on our durangos are 'funny'. mine doesn't blow anything out of the floor vent when i have it on the 'floor' setting. hor or cold....frustrating in winter with cold feet....

·
Hit It and Hold On
240 Posts
Could be a vaccum leak. My old Z34 was the same way until I found a broken vaccum hose that also controlled the cruise. If you have cruise, see if that still works too.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Mace, that was true for my GM's w/vaccum leaks, I think only defrost worked (failsafe).
Mine is electronic, opening and closing doors. Is the 98/99 models the same?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I am NOT the only one huh?

I am going through the same thoughts with mine.

Is it a vaccum issue......pull the dash [God I hope not!] Fusing?

I thought about calling the dealer jsut to get some info but figured I would get the run-around.

Will monitor this threade.......if anyone finds out the answer please post!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am still having the same prob with my AC on my 98D......it cycles on and off properly and it blows cold air but only from the side defrost vents, the rear vents and the defrost....as I said, no matter where the selector seitch is, the flow won't change.

As I am new to the Durango I thought I'd mention something I jsut happened to notice. I am told that on Durangos the EVAP purge control solenoid is the reason for that tick tick tick tick tick tick sound you hear at times. Even on my own when you hear it you can touch the solenoid and the ticks match the cycling of the solenoid.

Mine does not seem to be doing that now. Any relation of the EVAP solenoid to the AC system?

Any help.....any at all guys?

Thanks again

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 01 R/T Will not move from panel to defrost or any other position but i found under the dash on the end of the AC unit(drivers side) There are 3 actuators there that operate the doors for the different zones . I undid one and left it plugged in electrically and with the truck running i moved the selector switch and it did nothing. I will swap out all 3 to be safe. There are only 30 dollars CAD each and are held in with 2 small bolts. Not worth a service call for 20 minutes labor. I hope this solves my problem. I'll update after i change them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.