DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys again, quick question.... on the air filter housing on my '84 d-150 there is a black box, presumably filled with annoying electronics. If i were to replace the housing, do i have to mount that box next to the filter again, or can i just put it elsewhere? thanks for any help.

·
Banned
1,469 Posts
S#!t can that computer and wire in a regular Mopar ECU; you will need another dist and either slightly mod your carb or swap it out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, sounds fun lol. not to be to demanding, but where would i find one of those ecu's? theres a good junkyard nearby with a good selection. I plan on switching to an edlebrock carb, would that be compatable?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
yes the lean burn...you are a lucky one. Wheres Herders cuttin' torch?

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
You can just lay it over on the fender somewhere for now, yeah. I ran my old '84 D100 S6 truck like that for a long time, I swapped on a older 2bbl setup. I did get a 318 air cleaner later on that the computer bolted back on to.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
On my 87 5th ave. I didn't change carbs when I changes to the Mopar Performance kit and it does just fine. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I believe it was introduced in 1976 and used at least untill 1987. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I do not think they were on 250s or on 360s

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
My 87 D100 doesn't have it there either, but the computer is located behind the left head light under the battery. My 87 5th Ave had it on the air cleaner. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alrighty, well i think il just try to remount it elsewhere in the engine bay for now. do you think that it will work okay with it there?

·
Banned
1,469 Posts
On my 87 5th ave. I didn't change carbs when I changes to the Mopar Performance kit and it does just fine. :gr_patrio
what; you didnt run any vacuum advance?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
When I changed the 5th ave. over I used the Mopar Performance kit that consist of dist. with vacuum adv., ignition module and wiring harness. The D100 is still original with no problems so far at 170,000 miles. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
98 Posts
just do the HEI conversion thats what i did on my 84 with that computer my timing was way out on it, the HEI is the way to go its easy and cheaper that the mopar kit(i think) it cost about 40 bucks or so depends on the dist. u buy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh, does the HEI conversion get rid of that lean burn system completely? I was planning on doing it anyways, so if it takes care of that annoying piece of equipment too, all the better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.