DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC is not working right. It starts off ok then gets warm and air flow gets restricted. The stealership said i need to replace the evap. temp sensor on my 2004 Dodge Ram CTD 2500 but its under the dash and they will need 5 hour labor to fix it and parts for around $750.
Does anyone have any info, advice or know where this part is, I am thinking about doing it myself but I don't have a manual or paper work on my truck.
How does the dash come out?

Thanks Mike

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Mike, I believe I would take the truck to an A/C shop. It sounds to me like it's overcharged. I hate to see the system pop a seal just because it has too much coolant in the system.

:)

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
OH ... and Welcome to DT! The greatest Dodge Forum on the planet.

:D

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
Your evaporator is freezing up cause your evap temp senor is bad. Do a search on here and you will find some posts about replacing blend doors which in the same place as your sensor.

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
NOTE: The HVAC housing must be removed from the vehicle and disassembled for service of the A/C evaporator, evaporator temperature sensor, mode-air and blend-air doors.

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system (refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/PLUMBING - STANDARD PROCEDURE - REFRIGERANT SYSTEM RECOVERY).
3. Drain the engine cooling system (refer to 7 - COOLING - STANDARD PROCEDURE - COOLING SYSTEM DRAIN).
4. Disconnect the A/C liquid line and the A/C accumulator from the A/C evaporator (refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/PLUMBING/LINE-A/C LIQUID - REMOVAL) and (refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/PLUMBING/ACCUMULATOR-A/C - REMOVAL).
5. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core tubes.
6. Remove the powertrain control module (PCM) to gain access to the two nuts (3) that secure the HVAC housing (1) to the engine compartment side of the dash panel (2) and remove the nuts (refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES/POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE - REMOVAL).
7. On Mega Cab models, remove the floor console duct (refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/DISTRIBUTION/DUCT-FLOOR CONSOLE - REMOVAL).
8. Remove the instrument panel from the passenger compartment (refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL ASSEMBLY - REMOVAL).
9. Remove the bolt (5) that secures the HVAC housing (4) to the floor bracket (6).
10. Remove the two nuts (3 and 7) that secure the HVAC housing to the passenger compartment side of the dash panel (1).
11. Pull the HVAC housing assembly rearward and remove the housing assembly from the passenger compartment.
12. If required, remove the fresh air inlet (2) from the dash panel (1).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.