DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Durango offer this option? I travel a ton for business (75%) and yesterday experienced the joys of an air conditioned seat in my Lincoln LS I rented. I'm in houston where it's 95 on business and live in Phoenix where it's 112 right now!

It's was a wierd & wonderful sensation having my butt and legs cooled along with the rest of me with standard AC.

Is this an option on a 2005 Durango?

Also when I upgrade I'm going to great a remote start for my D, where all the windows crack about 2 inches upon start. When I park it for the night I'll set it with the AC on and high, so the next day when I remote start it and the windows crack, the AC cranks on blowing all the hot air out of the D replacing it with Cool. Wait 4 minutes then hop in and it''ll be perfect. This in combination with 'seat coolers' would be awesome.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

· Investigator
1,088 Posts
That sounds sweet! I havent heard of it being an option, but wish they would!

· Registered
759 Posts
I just rented a Lincoln LS in April down in Atlanta and it had that option. It was like sitting on a comfortable air hockey table. :rck: I know there are a few other car companies that offer it, but I don't believe Dodge is one of them.

· Registered
1,410 Posts
How does it actually work? I'm assuming the leather seats must be perforated somehow to let the air out...

· Registered
1,440 Posts
wow, i would love that option...especially when i'm sticking to the leather in the hot FL summer heat!! and combine that with the fact that i'm a big "sweater" and it's a recipe for swamp ass!!

· Registered
1,023 Posts
biged6464 said:
wow, i would love that option...especially when i'm sticking to the leather in the hot FL summer heat!! and combine that with the fact that i'm a big "sweater" and it's a recipe for swamp ass!!
Thanks for that picture in my head.

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! Yeah well I had a sweaty ass riding on a plane so when I sat in the Lincoln LS Rental and saw the icon on the dash with the seat cooler I was like NICE!! I must have sat in the Hertz rental lot with the AC going full tilt for 10 minutes. It's a weird sensation let me tell you. :)

I don't know quite how the seats work either (just checked Lincolin's site and they mention nothing) but the seats just get cool, they don't actually blow any type of air.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
as for the visual...anytime..that's what i'm here for!! oh yeah, i got plenty more where that came from!!! it's nothing for me to sweat through my undershirt and dress shirt after 5 minutes in the 95 degree 95 percent humidity days here in sunny south FL!!!

· Registered
759 Posts
Yeah, the seats are perforated. Now I have to go outside and stare at the sun to burn swamp ass visuals out of my head.

· Investigator
1,088 Posts
:thatfunny
I think some fords have that option too.. and I dont mean the swamp ass smell.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
oh the swamp ass smell is not factory installed...i have to buy mine by the can!

· Registered
1,440 Posts
.....but what about the swamp ass???? that is the issue at hand!!!

· Registered
210 Posts
biged6464 said:
.....but what about the swamp ass???? that is the issue at hand!!!
First try shaving that hairy bottom :D After that, try sitting on a cotton towel. It helps soak up the swampness.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
IndyHemi said:
First try shaving that hairy bottom :D After that, try sitting on a cotton towel. It helps soak up the swampness.

I've just lost my appetite

· Investigator
1,088 Posts
:YUK:

· Registered
1,440 Posts
thanks for the idea!!

· Registered
3,024 Posts
On an episode of "Pimp My Ride" on MTV...they cut into the seat padding and put fans in the seat. Two in the seat (one for each cheek/leg) and a couple in the back too. They put screens over the fan, so the weight of the person sitting on it wouldnt stop the blades. Pretty sweet idea!!!

· Registered
21 Posts
some places sell like seat over lays that plug into the power outlet n blow air on you, i was going get one last year, but i procastinated n well here i am 375 days later still sweatin lol, but yeah they are about 75-80 dollars....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.