DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get an air compressor to throw in the tool box. What are you guys running? I was looking at one of those "all in one" set ups with the 450amp engine starter 260psi air compressor. Anyone have experiences with these good or bad? I have used one on my boat but it does not have the air compressor more for the emergency jump start or to run the blender on the beach!! I just want something that will inflate the tires after airing them down for offroad. My buddy just bought a 2008 H2 and it has an onboard compressor pretty sweet set up there.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked for them on Ebay but they must not have anything for sale right now. Flattire what is the brand of the compressor you mounted up front?

· Registered
525 Posts
Mine is a MASTER FLOW TSUNAMI....not sure of model number as there are 2 or 3 if I remember...I have the next better model from the "basic" one....(about $10 more)....cost around $39-49 from PEP BOYS.....

I mounted mine on the cross brace by drilling a few holes and using some 90 degree angle brackets....comes with 15(?) foot hose that should get to all 4 tires....long power lead with clips to attach to battery when needed.....

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
So if you had to do it all over again, would you go with the same one, the next size up, or go with onboard air?

i.e. How long does it take to refill your tires after wheeling?

· Registered
1,693 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
I have a viair 380c and it works perfect to fill up a 2 1/2 gallon tank only takes a bout 8mins to get to 145psi, I wanted more capacity so I got an air tank from a Freightliner tractor and now have 17 1/2 gal cap. only problem it takes upwards of 1/2 hour to fill to 145psi but it gives enough air to fill a twin air mattress without running! I am going to add another compressor to cut the filling time in half.

· Registered
2,110 Posts
I have been eyeing those Vaair compressors. I like the portable ones over the mounted ones, just thinking of possible uses in a group setting, may not be the best thing to have it mounted. Just a thought.

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kind of my thoughts also about not having it mounted. It would be nice to have the jump starter and air compressor in one but I have no idea if they would inflate all 4 tires. about tempted to buy the $60 one from Advanced Auto and give it a try. Also found what looks to be an OK compressor from Harbor Freight for around $60 that one might be a little more suited for more than emergency use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.