DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this air box resonator everyone is talking about? you talking about the lower portion of the box the air filter sits in? I was lookin up CAI and noticed everyone talkin about it.

02 Dodge Ram 5.9L

·
Registered
704 Posts
The resonator isnt in the "airbox" itself its in the tube going to throttle body....you have a 5.9L so its a bit different than our 5.7ls.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
I don't know what the setup is on the 5.9l but in the 5.7l it is a rubber hose that connects the air box to the "hemi hat." I don't know what the right word is but it looks like the rubber hose is "ribbed" which disrupts the airflow so I won't make the rushing noise. I just got a CAI and personally, the rush of air sounds powerful. It gives the engine a deep throaty sound :D

·
If only I had more $$$
3,696 Posts
I don't know what the setup is on the 5.9l but in the 5.7l it is a rubber hose that connects the air box to the "hemi hat." I don't know what the right word is but it looks like the rubber hose is "ribbed" which disrupts the airflow so I won't make the rushing noise. I just got a CAI and personally, the rush of air sounds powerful. It gives the engine a deep throaty sound :D
The hemi hat IS the resonator not the ribbed hose,.. the ribbed hose deals with the flex of the engine because the air box is bolted to the fender well and the hemi can twist quite a bit under WOT.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
The hemi hat IS the resonator not the ribbed hose,.. the ribbed hose deals with the flex of the engine because the air box is bolted to the fender well and the hemi can twist quite a bit under WOT.
Exactly. It is pretty free flowing so I dont feel it is a restriction likes everyone thinks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no "hemi hat" on the 5.9L like you guys have, but here is where the intake meets the TB. I didn't take it off to show the inside, but I have before and it's just a smooth walled air intake tubing as it appears on the outside. How is this any more restrictive than aftermarket setups?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.