DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air bag light came on yesterday for no apparent reason, no other lights just the air bag, and no DTC's. I've never had this issue so any input or thoughts would be appreciated. I did try and check the fuses but they're in these little infuriating holders that I almost broke trying to get the fuses out to check. Thanks brotha's!!! :rck:

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
R/C truck.. so you have the switch in your dash right?

Do you put things on your passenger side seat all the time when no one is sitting there? Like a gym bag? laptop bag? Backpack?

If so, your seat will need to be recalibrated from the dealer.
Somehow you've probably confused the ABS sensor a few times that it thinks it's off. My wife had the same issue with her Durango.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R/C truck.. so you have the switch in your dash right?

Do you put things on your passenger side seat all the time when no one is sitting there? Like a gym bag? laptop bag? Backpack?

If so, your seat will need to be recalibrated from the dealer.
Somehow you've probably confused the ABS sensor a few times that it thinks it's off. My wife had the same issue with her Durango.
Well I've had the airbag on the passenger side turned off for four years so my daughter could ride with me in her car seat. Maybe I'll try turning it on and off to see what happens, if not when I swap out the trans and get a quick learn I was planning on a PCM flash I might as well have them look at that too.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried to do the turning the airbag on and off and it didn't do shit.....so I guess I wait and live with it until I get the new trans quick learned.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Sam, is it just the ABS light or is the BRAKE light on as well? Anytime I have battery problems, I get those two error light together. Just a thought.

:)

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just the airbag light.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Do you hear any noise in the wheel when you're turning? Like a broken clock spring. Does the horn still work?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Got the same problem too, but mine happened shortly after I fixed my clock spring. Must have pinched a wire or something. Seeing that light and the check engine light (no cats) gets old quick though!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The light just came on when I started it a couple days ago, nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen...could've though I guess?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.