DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was driving I seen my Air Bag light come on for a few seconds go off and now it keeps doing that. I searched and found it may be the clockspring. My question is, will the air bag still work if the light is on, i'm guessing no/will not work properly. Also possible recall for this or else how much would this cost me at a dealer since i'm not touching the air bag myself. I plan to go to the dealer right after class tommorrow but would like any info.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also read that some people just installed a sterio and had this happen? I just had a new one put in, but I took it to a shop for it. Anyone got any ideas I really don't want to take it into a dealership :help:

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Get it into the shop asap. You don't want that thing going off while your driving. I wouldn't mess with the airbag.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wirenutt1969 said:
Get it into the shop asap. You don't want that thing going off while your driving. I wouldn't mess with the airbag.
It's my thoughs exactly, I just REALLY don't want it to turn into a $300 or $400 bill. The dealership simply told me it's $105 an hour and can't say what it's going to cost whatsoever.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
It's my thoughs exactly, I just REALLY don't want it to turn into a $300 or $400 bill. The dealership simply told me it's $105 an hour and can't say what it's going to cost whatsoever.
bull-shit. Tell them you want to have an estimate done. If they can't do that then take it somewhere else. The VW dealer tried pulling that shit on me with my wife's Jetta. I paid them $85 to tell me what needed to be fix and then I fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.