DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know when it happened but i was cleaning my car and noticed this...

i should just be thankful nothing else happened. or my durango would have been stripped up. but man its hard to know that your car almost got broken into. now im probably gonna get an alarm.

Arsenio

·
AKA: Justin
190 Posts
hcop33: It sucks to think that someone would do that... Just feel lucky they didn't get all the way in.

BTW... Welcome to Dodgetalk.com!!! if you could do me a favor, Will you please fill out your signature (year, trim, mods,....) That way everyone will know what you got.

Thanks and again Welcome!

the75powerwagon: You don’t need power windows or locks, Just make sure that you get a good alarm (viper or such), and make sure that it has a shock sensor, that way if some one bumps it or makes the ur D* move it will go off. There are also some the use a proximity sensor so it will go off when someone is within a certain distance

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
I dont want it to be with someone within a certain distance because well.. my high school parking lot and everything would screw it up.. how much would a viper alarm system even cost? that is, if it would work for a 75 pickup.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
voom voom, thanks for the warm welcome. im glad i saw this site and joined it. ill do the signature thing right now if i can figure it out. thanks again!

the75powerwagon, from what i know, you dont need to have automatic doorlocks but check it out anyways. i dont know if viper alarm is necessary. you can always get something else, go to circuit city, i might get mine there and get it installed by them for free...

·
JAFO
191 Posts
San Mateo, Huh? were practically neighbors! I'm in Livermore and work at SFO. I used to live just off of Third.
Welcome!

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
lol wow.. this site is pretty damn big after all, yall finding each other living on the same block.. then i found someone who lives in the same town as me.. (we only got a pop of 6,000 lol)

·
JAFO
191 Posts
You know the Monte Diablo Apartments? I lived there for about four years. That was after I moved from Poplar- Great! Some one to help me with my mods!! :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
monte diablo is on the west side i think, im on the east side, creekside apartments... sucks man, we could have helped eachother with our trucks... lol...

powerwagon what kind of truck do you have?

·
190 Posts
Ya hcop33 is right, you probably dont need a viper but you'll get what you pay for (like everything in life).

BTW the Old and the New Powerwagons ROCK! You got a nice truck man

·
Registered
183 Posts
75Powerwagon: In my Saturn I had before the truck I had power locks installed when I had my viper system installed. Its only an actuator connected to the lock so you can only use the keypad to automatically lock the doors. Gotta love keyless entry.

hcop feel good because my old Saturn had a rock thrown through the window in Milwaukee and the alarm saved me from having everything stolen from inside. It's always good to have the extra security even if nothing ever happens. Thats my next mod on my Dakota

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
must be that time of year. I would have rather that damage than the crap I went through

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
how much do you think it would cost to get the alarm and keyless entry? i think that would be awesome to have on my truck lol. plus i dont really feel that comfortable leaving the side windows open at night since someone could reach in and unlock my truck almost. But i need to leave them open to keep it cool since i have no AC lol.. I took my spare key off the frame and put it in my wallet.. i always have my wallet, and if i dont.. then i have my keys.. so thats one step to keeping my truck alittle safer lol

·
190 Posts
Ya I have noticed quite a bit of threads all across Dodgetalk lately about thefts and dammage. Like a big rock thrown through a window...Rock wasn't that you? It's that time of year.

·
190 Posts
powerwagon: when I had a viper alarm and electric locks added to my '99 Ranger it was about $600, I think the actuators, wiring, labor was about $200 for the locks and $400 for the alarm. But thats up here, Everything seems to be more expensive up here.

Or if you feel up to a little fab work you can get the actuators and install them your self then have the alarm installed:rck:

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
i had power locks added to mine with the alarm install as well, so that i can have keyless entry. power windows wasnt worth the expense, plus they like to wear out. as long as my arms work i can still get the windows down. its only 2 doors on my truck anyway :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.