DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory deck died in my 04 Ram today. So I'm thinking of upgrading. The first problem I see is the "bezel" around the factory deck. How's that come off? I don't see any screws or anything and I don't want to start yanking on it and break it.

· Registered
5 Posts
im new to this site but I got a 99 sport and had my kenwood put in professionally I would recommend this but you could do this your self if you didnt want to pay to have it done. dont no much about the 3rd gen dodges all I know is they look good.

· Registered
167 Posts
Just do a search on the topic and you will find something on your particular year. On my '07 there are 2 screws on the bottom of the bezel inside the fold-down drink holder.....pull these out and the whole center section of the dash pulls away. It is a bit sticky to get started but go ahead and pull...you shouldn't break it.

· Registered
122 Posts
Yup they are right... Once you get those two screws out... I recommend giving that little hook a tug... That should pop a piece off, then jsut go aroudn the outside pulling... The whole thing comes off, just unhook any wires that are connected, all those pieces will disconnect.... Then just take a socket wrench and have at it!

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks you guys! This site never fails me when I have to find stuff like this out. I knew there was something holding it in there!

In my 04 Sebring it just pulls out. But it pulls out with a "pang". I knew I was going to break something if I kept it up

· Registered
122 Posts
I never screwed those little screws back in.... Its holds up fine, but when someone busted my window out it sure made it a hell of a lot easier to get my 500 dollar indash dvd player out... =(

· Registered
2,639 Posts
1 screw by the trash bag hook, the rest are the pop-out clips.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
ztkirkpatric said:
Yup they are right... Once you get those two screws out... I recommend giving that little hook a tug... That should pop a piece off, then jsut go aroudn the outside pulling... The whole thing comes off, just unhook any wires that are connected, all those pieces will disconnect.... Then just take a socket wrench and have at it!
there is only 1 screw on my truck....where is the second one on yours?

· Registered
122 Posts
I dunno o.0 Maybe there is one? I'ts been a couple months since I have removed mine... If its necessary ill go out there and look... but im feeling pretty lazy at the moment!

· Registered
122 Posts
captkozmo said:
That sucks! At this point I just want my CD back
Hell yeah my favorite CD was in there... I think that pissed me off as much as them tearing up my dash and stealing my dvd player.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
ztkirkpatric said:
I dunno o.0 Maybe there is one? I'ts been a couple months since I have removed mine... If its necessary ill go out there and look... but im feeling pretty lazy at the moment!
could you....it would make me happy. Just kidding....it's not important
:thatfunny

· Registered
122 Posts
haha, thanks....

· Hauln' A$$ Suckin' Gas
455 Posts
on my 03' i had to remove the panel under the steering column, there is one screw holding that near the bottom left side. then remove the screw in the coin holder thingy, then starting from the top left side pry across the top of panel then down the right side and last the bottom releasing all of the clips

· Registered
22,981 Posts
You just need to grab the top of the panel below the steering wheel and pry it down. This just prevents you from scuffing it when you remove the center bezel. Remove the one screw behind the hook and yank the hook. The whole bezel comes off like nothing. Disconnect the wire harnesses for A/C etc and your fine.

KB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.