DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
zman
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the plunge and spent some money on a new stereo. I just got the new truck and it had the stock 4 speaker system. My old truck had the Infinity factory system. I spent a little more money than I wanted to but holy shit does it rock.

Pioneer flip/touch screen
I- pod adaptor
Sirius adaptor
Infinity Kappa 3 way 6x9 in the front doors
Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 in the back doors
MTX 10" sub behind the back seat
Mtx thunder 2301 Amp for the sub
Mtx thunder 3404 amp for the door speakers

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Thats sweet Bro!

KB

·
Registered
360 Posts
Good job!! That looks great! How does it sound?

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Very clean install!! Is that the AVH-p5700? That's what I have and couldn't be happier!!

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
How do you amplify the door speakers from the amp? Where do you splice the wires into on the speaker wires?

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
maka said:
How do you amplify the door speakers from the amp? Where do you splice the wires into on the speaker wires?

The right way is to run new wires to each speaker from the amp, the quick way is to run new wire from the amp to the harness at the indash radio and connect there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very nice!
Can you still recline the rear seats alll the way back?

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
"Take Me Out" Wouldn't happen to be a Randy Rogers fan would you?

·
zman
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no idea on the speakers. I try to do alot on my own but the radio stuff i will leave to someone else. The seats only recline all the way if the sub is to the right or left. Any yes is sounds incredible!

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
did you do that mounting by yourself or did you have someone do it for you, im planning on doing that look with the amps mounted on the back, and after hearing gc714's dual 10" box at the last meet, i might be inclined to get that and add another amp to it (if it is possible) so i would need to install the 2x or 3x amps on the back wall... if you did it by yourself, how long it take you, if you paid for it, how much?

-David

EDIT: btw badass looking setup bro! :rck:

·
Registered
415 Posts
i was wondering how an aftermarket system would fit in that bezel? did your radio come with an adapter piece so that the two circles where the knobs are supposd to be will be covered up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What size are the 4 speakers that come with the stock system? I'm thinking of upgrading just the speakers. Hope this isn't considered a hijack!

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
Got wood??? Nice sound...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
shmakdawg said:
i was wondering how an aftermarket system would fit in that bezel? did your radio come with an adapter piece so that the two circles where the knobs are supposd to be will be covered up?
You need to buy a harness adapter to hook the factory harness up to your aftermarket deck. This way there is no splicing of wires or cutting stuff up. You also need a dash install kit. It will have the bracket and pieces to fill in the space around the factory opening. You can pick all this up at most Electronic retailers like Circuit City, Best Buy or even Walmart has them. I believe you also need an antenna adapter. If they say they dont have a kit for the 06 then tell them you need an install kit for an 06 Durango, its the same kit.

khoward said:
What size are the 4 speakers that come with the stock system? I'm thinking of upgrading just the speakers. Hope this isn't considered a hijack!
The factory speakers are 6x9"s in the front doors and 5-1/4"s in the rear, regardless of quad cab or regular cab. If you had an infinity system you would have two 3-1/2"s in the dash corners and a 2" center speaker as well.

KB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope you don't mind me bring this thread back up.

first off, nice install.

Second, I gotta ask, how did you get the bezel of around the stereo? I'm actually in the process of ripping my stock 4 speaker system out and I've got the entire dash taken down, but can't get the freak'n bezel to break look. I've got a 6spd and have taken out the cup holders (on the floor), taken out the console aroudn the stick shift, removed the 2 screws that go up into the bezel, but can't get any further. Any pics you have would be awesome.

thanks

Kev

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.