DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the aftermarket CAI'S, do you notice any difference in sound in your exhaust systems, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust?
Or....Is it heard more under the hood?

AIRRAM
BRUTE FORCE
AIR FORCE 1
K&N
AIRAID
HOME BREW
ETC.ETC.....

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
That would be why I have a stock intake with a modified exhaust.

Exhaust rumble good.

CAI throaty howl from under hood bad.

As for both together, my truck will never know. ;)

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
TREP R/T said:
For those who have the aftermarket CAI'S, do you notice any difference in sound in your exhaust systems, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust?
Or....Is it heard more under the hood?

AIRRAM
BRUTE FORCE
AIR FORCE 1
K&N
AIRAID
HOME BREW
ETC.ETC.....
Both. You're going to hear a change in exhaust tone and noise under the hood.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
One thing I didn't like about the K&N system on my 93 F150 was that at WOT it overwhelmed my Gibson exhaust

Rather hear the exhaust

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I won't get the chance to notice if the CAI changed the exhaust, since it came first. I'm just waitin' on a buddy to weld up my Flowmaster 40 SI/DO. I figger it's gonna roar out both ends then:D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have a dual outlet system with a Magnaflow muffler that went on first. I then put a Volant CAI kit in. The Volant kit is really quiet( no sucking noise ) so it didn't add any noise. It did make the exhaust sound a bit different but not louder.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To answer my own question, WOW!
I was really surprised in how my new CAI ( Airforce 1 ) changed the tone when you really get on the throttle. Right away my shift points were noticeable. I did reset the computer just to be sure. My bottom end came back considering that I have dual Exhaust.
Blackwolf: I asked you earlier about your exhaust set-up running the AERO TURBINE, which I also own but not currently on my truck. I am still considering reinstalling it real soon, exiting out the side just as yours for added performance and of course, sound.
This should add some extra HP and bottom end just because the HEMI reacts better with the single out application.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Blackwolf

One more question on your side exit exhaust.
How is the gases from the exhaust when you are at a light idling? Do you get alot fumes in the cab?

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
Just to let you guys know there is A BAD AZZ one over at the rumble bee site. www.rumblebee.org look in the appearance section under NEW INTAKE... Or the 6-Pack Intake... It was designed for the 6-Pack but it will work as a functional SRT, and other ram hood with the same stock underside, or fabracation might be needed.... But read the thread you will be amazed.... I am getting the Six-PAck Hood soon, and the intake along with it, so i will post to you guys and let you know.. LAter.... Myk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.