DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of the stock scoop that comes on the Hemi Sport/Rumble Bee.. .but I can't justify spending over $300 for a hood scoop.

So, I was browsing around tonight and found this (the one on the lower left "Large single carbon fiber look hood scoop")... anyone have any experiences with them or see what they look like?

Thanks..

I'm open to other suggestions too.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Why not just use the money you would spend on a scoop and get the real thing? It would look much better....while getting air under your hood.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This thread is real timely. I just saw a new ram at my office building yesterday - it was all white and looked real nice from a distance. It had a hood scoop on it - so I went to go check out this truck. It was one of the stick on scoops. From a distance it looked nice, but up close - it just looked so fake and cheesy. If you are going to do a scoop - save up your money a little longer and do it right.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
300 for an OEM scoop, or $600-$700 for a hood with a scoop.. that's not even an option. I'm not dumping that much money on a hood scoop.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
cal_gecko said:
300 for an OEM scoop, or $600-$700 for a hood with a scoop.. that's not even an option. I'm not dumping that much money on a hood scoop.
I paid $730 total for my entire hood, painted and installed. And kept my factory hood for a spare. I think it was worth it. ;)

Attachments

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
300 for oem hood scoop + painting and install which requires drilling holes in your hood. i definatly would opt for the srt 10 hood or another full hood.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
There is a vendor on Ebay that sells the rumble bee scoop for under $225 painted. Do a search on them.

KB

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
If its not fuctional, then why would you install it?

But then again, if we were all the same, then no ride would be unique!

Here are a couple pics I found of a stick-on "hood scoop."

·
Registered
187 Posts
i ordered a stick on for my durango and never installed it..if you dont mind it looking fake then go for it..if you are picky like I am then just save the money and buy the real hood.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Big Boi said:

But then again, if we were all the same, then no ride would be unique!

Here are a couple pics I found of a stick-on "hood scoop."

Wow, that looks like crap.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Street Scene grilles

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Big Boi said:

Well let's see. Looks comes to mind. That's why I picked my hood over the functional one that looks like it belongs on a TA ram air. I could have had either for the same price. I went for show. Besides what are you gaining from an srt 10,000 hood that your grill doesn't already provide. Does your engine run hot and need more cooling air. Mine doesn't. The functional hoods that provide an air box are nice for a CAI substitute. But with a Hemi the fuel management system will not allow the truck to utilize any extra air flow. So my question for you is why would anyone install a functional hood over a nicer looking non-functional? ;)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
True, but every bit helps!
BLACKWOLF said:
Well let's see. Looks comes to mind. That's why I picked my hood over the functional one that looks like it belongs on a TA ram air. I could have had either for the same price. I went for show. Besides what are you gaining from an srt 10,000 hood that your grill doesn't already provide. Does your engine run hot and need more cooling air. Mine doesn't. The functional hoods that provide an air box are nice for a CAI substitute. But with a Hemi the fuel management system will not allow the truck to utilize any extra air flow. So my question for you is why would anyone install a functional hood over a nicer looking non-functional? ;)

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Big Boi said:
True, but every bit helps!

I see it as adding one more drop to a completly full glass. It just runs down the side. :D But it sure sounds cool don't it? "Functional" Just rolls off the tounge. I know because I have one on my TA. But yet again I bought it for looks.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I have the "stick on" like the rumblebees and I LOVE IT!!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I was in the parts dept. of the local dealership yesterday. The had a primered Rumble Bee scoop hanging on the wall. Price for painted and ready-to-install....$495!
Noway, if I'm going to shell out that kind of cash (and I will someday), I might as well save it up and do a full hood. Functional or not, a scooped hood just looks cleaner. Doing a "stick-job" like the one above just doesn't do the truck justice.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Not talking about you Troy, I was referring to the CarDomain post waaaay up there^, lol:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Troy... is that an OEM scoop, or aftermarket? That's EXACTLY what I am looking for

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.