Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello D members,
6 months or so i installed a set of PIAA Platinum Star White headlight bulbs. Now the Driver side low beam doesnt work, does that mean i need a new bulb again or maybe something wrong with electrical. Any info would be appreciated.
Joe

·
Registered
435 Posts
probably bulb burnt out, sucks huh

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
yep. you need a new one. take it out and check the element. It's probably hang'n there

·
Registered
435 Posts
hey my cheap fake xenon bulbs work best when the low beams are on and i pull back the high beam switch, keepin them both on

if i spliced my high beam and low beam wire into each other would they always stay on like that??? what negative effects would it have?

·
Registered
435 Posts
no not the foglights, high beams and low beams, same bulb

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
67, look at these sylvania #'s for hours. The Silverstars (ST) are quite short-lived.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
i had silverstars in my old car for 2 years and never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I've had Silverstars on for about two years and they're still going strong. (Not sure it was worth the money though, because you can't tell the difference when driving.)

I would think that keeping both elements lit at the same time would cause the bulbs to overheat.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can tell the difference when driving, because I live out in the country and I'm driving the backroads all the time. Maybe it's just how my headlights are aimed, but I can tell a huge difference from the stockers it came with, and outside looks different too, they look pure like a crystal white at night, can't wait to get diamond cut headlights one of these days.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I agree with Esh, the trees are so dense near me (mostly 50yr old oaks) that the street is pretty dark. There's a nice halo projected much higher and farther out with the SS's so it's easier to spot moving stuff earlier. I'd bet daytime running lights would wear them out quickly. They're only rated for 90hrs.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah drl would kill the bulbs. I love my silverstars and the only thing I would trade them for would be high and low beam HID's (the projector kit that I've seen pictures of).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.