DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AT3030 in the mail coming to my house and am about ready to bust a nut waiting on it. I have a 2004 QC Hemi Sport. My question is about placement of the new muffler. Some people center it in the hole with short sticks of pipe on either side and some people put the muffler all the way at the back with a longer stick of pipe at the front. What, if any, are the benefits of each setup. Is the almighty "resonance" in the cab the reason? I can't beleive 8-12 inches would be that different. I plan on keeping the stock resonator if this helps with any responses. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Make sure the Muffler is at least12 inche sfrom the cats. You can install it in place of the stock muffler. As far as where you want to exit, that will be up to you. I had my resonator on and it sounded good but not lousd enough for me. I have heard it without the rsonator also. Mean as hell! If I were to do it again, Its out the side in front of the wheel.
Oh, I do have the Flowmaster 40 delta series with dual exits and thinking of putting my 3030 back on. I do love my current set-up though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Was there a power loss with the Flowmaster or AT? I guess I will find out firsthand this Saturday. I'm swapping out my universal Magnaflow for the Hemi-specific 50HD Flowmaster.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
TREP R/T said:
I have heard it without the rsonator also. Mean as hell! If I were to do it again, Its out the side in front of the wheel. .

You love my set up don't you TREP. :D

I think his question is where to put the filler pipe since the factory muffler is like 8 feet long. Mine is installed so most of the extra pipe is before the 3030 with only a long sweeping elbow feeding the side tips after it. Mine is loud as hell!! I added a CAI and it is obnoxious! And just installed 4:56s which pumped it up even more. Now it growls into a stop. :D If you have concerns with cab drone then keep the resonator. I would never have one on my truck. Poor rig sounded like a moped when I saved it from the dealer. Now it roars like a HEMI! :rck:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Re powerloss

There was a slight power loss going to duals. Thats about it.......Sound! it sounds great! I went with dual 3 inch split tips also.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Re 3030

Your damn right I like your set-up!
The ironic thing is that I too, have the 3030 sitting on my shelf in the garage
as I said before. I have no resonator and love it loud too. You mentioned resonation. Is here alot in the cab, even after 70 mph? Ha syour tourque increased since shortening your exhaust before the wheel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.