Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a newbie here my first post.

I live in Arabia and have recently purchased a durango 2007.

I intend desert driving over possible large sand dunes. I visited my local dealership workshop and requested that they remove the front black spoiler under the main front bumper/fender to give me more ground clearance.

They recommended that I dont remove and offered to re-adjust my front end and lift the body higher. I agreed and in just a few minutes they dove my dodge out of the workshop with about a 2 inch lift. Normally the vehicle is lower at the front, now its almost level.
test diving on normal roads it feel ok although I feel its a little harder ride.

My question, will this adjustment have any adverse effect on the road holding of my vehicle or give any other problems?

Any comments or advise welcome
Thanks

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Welcome to DT!

You should be just fine with the lift of the front. Many people have done it around here. The handling might be a little more tippy since your center of gravity is higher.
More important is to get your alignment checked! You will get uneven tire wear!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome to DT.

:dtrocks:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
No impact that i can tell. You could still remove the plastic spoiler as well - i did with no overheating - even towing a trailer up a mountain in August (~99 deg F)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.