DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to make sure the torsion bars are adjusted properly, meaning both cranked up the same amount. im having a hard time finding perfectly level ground, here in nyc the streets have a tilt to the sides for drainage.

thanks
Randy

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can measure from the top of the tire to the fender. When I did mine in my driveway I used that measurement as well as from the ground to the fender.

Another tip would be to mark the bolt and socket with white out so that you can keep track of your revolutions as you turn the bolt.

Good luck.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
If you have not yet done any adjusting, you can be pretty darned certain that the bolts are already equal on both sides. If this is the case, you can put a mark on the head of each bolt (paint or whiteout will work) and turn them the same number of turns.

If you have already adjusted the bolt and you dont know where they are at, look at the torsion bar adjusting bolt, you will see precisely how many threads are showing. If you adjust the bolts on either side so they both show the same number of threads, you will be equal. If worst comes to worse, you can adjust both sides all the way up or all the way down and start over.

Just remember that if you lower the front by loosening the bolts, you should go 1 turn past the setting you desire and adjust back up again. This is the recommended procedure.

Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS, that totally makes sense, dunno why i didnt think of that. i had someone adjust them while doing some work on the truck, and she hasnt been the same, feels like there are different rebound rates.

thanks
Randy

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Randy, you checked tire pressures? Maybe one of the bilsteins went bad?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.